Jump to content
Carolina Huddle

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

He also has the lowest catch percentage on the team.

He only has 3 drops this season, and has the highest ypr 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

He only has 3 drops this season, and has the highest ypr 

Yeah, that's the most drops on the team this year. DJ hasn't been the best. Not bad just not as good as he could be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, that's the most drops on the team this year. DJ hasn't been the best. Not bad just not as good as he could be.

That’s nothing lol, he’s not been his best season cause of the plays I posted, he could of had 160 yards at the minimum Sunday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

That’s nothing lol, he’s not been his best season cause of the plays I posted, he could of had 160 yards at the minimum Sunday 

I mean, he played better last year with the train wreck QB's we had. I am critical of Teddy but he can't be blamed for DJ being a little underwhelming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, he played better last year with the train wreck QB's we had. I am critical of Teddy but he can't be blamed for DJ being a little underwhelming.

How has he underwhelmed though? He’s not getting thrown the ball when he’s wide open

Edited by GoobyPls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

How has he underwhelmed though? He’s not getting thrown the ball when he’s wide open

You are taking 1-2 plays and blaming his drops and low catch percentage on the QB. I am not sure if you are aware but Bridgewater has one of the highest completion percentages in the league, so we can't exactly chalk that up to an inaccurate QB. 

I haven't taken a deep dive into the percentage of catchable passes, depth of target, etc. Perhaps there is a deeper reason for the catch percentage but the drops are what they are. At this rate, he would end the season in the 9-10 drop range. That wouldn't be good.

Let it play out before jumping off a cliff on him "not being fed enough." Maybe the chemistry just isn't there yet.

Edited by kungfoodude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


14 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You are taking 1-2 plays and blaming his drops and low catch percentage on the QB. I am not sure if you are aware but Bridgewater has one of the highest completion percentages in the league, so we can't exactly chalk that up to an inaccurate QB. 

I haven't taken a deep dive into the percentage of catchable passes, depth of target, etc. Perhaps there is a deeper reason for the catch percentage but the drops are what they are. At this rate, he would end the season in the 9-10 drop range. That wouldn't be good.

Let it play out before jumping off a cliff on him "not being fed enough." Maybe the chemistry just isn't there yet.

Who’s blaming his drops on the QB? And your literally using 3 drops as a sample size none of which were big drops, mean while the stills I provided could of been HUGE momentum shifting plays. I’m willing to be Moore has left more yards on the field due to not being targeted than the 3 drops.

This thread is about getting the ball in Moore hand more, not about criticizing the QB, you just take it that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 10:34 AM, Carl Spackler said:

As I’ve said before, Teddy rarely looks DJ’s way in comparison to Robby and even Samuel now. Some of it is because Teddy’s got a great rapport with Robby from practicing together over the summer in Florida. And Robby makes plays.

But by now, he needs to look DJ’s way with more frequency. We have enough speed and open guys that if Robby’s covered, DJ’s probably a good option. 

I simply can't agree. 

Teddy spreads the ball around well. 

I'm not against Moore getting more. I'm just not going to claim Teddy isn't looking his way.  So much goes into each play, and how it develops, it's just shortsighted to make the claim you are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Who’s blaming his drops on the QB? And your literally using 3 drops as a sample size none of which were big drops, mean while the stills I provided could of been HUGE momentum shifting plays. I’m willing to be Moore has left more yards on the field due to not being targeted than the 3 drops.

This thread is about getting the ball in Moore hand more, not about criticizing the QB, you just take it that way.

That endzone drop feels pretty big js.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I simply can't agree. 

Teddy spreads the ball around well. 

I'm not against Moore getting more. I'm just not going to claim Teddy isn't looking his way.  So much goes into each play, and how it develops, it's just shortsighted to make the claim you are. 

I mean he had 1 target with 1 catch and 1 touchdown in the first half on Sunday. He averages more than 17 yards per catch, probably worth being targeted a bit more. Doesn’t seem shortsighted a bit to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I mean he had 1 target with 1 catch and 1 touchdown in the first half on Sunday. He averages more than 17 yards per catch, probably worth being targeted a bit more. Doesn’t seem shortsighted a bit to me. 

Robby has 46 targets to DJ’s 37 on the year, which is really not that egregious of a discrepancy. Robby gets just under 2 more targets per game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


11 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

That endzone drop feels pretty big js.

You mean when they scored on the next play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teddy has done a good job of spreading the ball around.

Robby Anderson and Dj Moore have a combined 870 yards that means they are #1 in the league yards wise for any starting duo receivers.

Moore is actually 2nd in the NFL with 17.3 yards a reception.

I think going forward as D-coordinators game plan to limit Robby, that's going to open up more opportunities for Dj as as we can see he's electric with the ball in his hands. 

I think we are witnessing something special with this offense, the sky is the limit with how good this team can be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...