Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
bLACKpANTHER

Wiseman won't make it to #3

I’d be super happy with Edwards. I used to think he was a lock to go top 2, but this would be great. Then we can add Wood in FA as a C and it would start to look like a very interesting young core group.

• Beer 2

Why does Mitch have a uber hard-on to add a C?? He was all over Drummond for a while, now looking at this guy hard too. Hes done very well in the draft, so its hard to question him. I just dont get the old way of thinking "C is the key", he knows this..

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Why does Mitch have a uber hard-on to add a C?? He was all over Drummond for a while, now looking at this guy hard too. Hes done very well in the draft, so its hard to question him. I just dont get the old way of thinking "C is the key", he knows this..

We were a horrible def rebounding team and had no def in the middle

• Pie 1

23 hours ago, bull123 said:

We were a horrible def rebounding team and had no def in the middle

Thanks for the the update, I need to re-learn the team some. Honestly I have not followed hardcore since Larry Brown was the coach. 

Need about 3 updates just to get to casual fan. 

Edited by Basbear

14 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Thanks for the the update, I need to re-learn the team some. Honestly I have not followed hardcore since Larry Brown was the coach. 

Need about 3 updates just to get to casual fan. 

Bunch of young players...I like our coach....they are fun to watch 

missing a couple of big pieces...need a couple more scorers and a big time rebounder

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 11/13/2020 at 2:55 PM, Basbear said:

I agree with you somewhat. I think that Wiseman is more of a Deandre Jordan or Andre Drummond. Best case scenario is that he turns into a Rudy Gobert who can shoot from the 3 pt. I just don’t really see the Chris Bosh comparison. At the end of the day, we need a center badly. It’s our weakest link on the team.  Only a couple teams are effective playing the small ball like Golden State because they have two great shooters and Draymond who is an all around player to go along with an elite head coach. Wiseman would help us tremendously and someone to guard a Giannis or Anthony Davis. I know that Bam was hurt during the finals but he and the Heat couldn’t contain AD in the biggest best out of 7. 

I was adamant about not wanting Wiseman once the lottery was set.  But as time has gone on, I am now adamant I do NOT want Edwards.  I'm still cold on Wiseman too, but I could make sense of it if we pick him now.  But, Edwards is scary to me.  I think he has the biggest bust potential of the draft, by far.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I was adamant about not wanting Wiseman once the lottery was set.  But as time has gone on, I am now adamant I do NOT want Edwards.  I'm still cold on Wiseman too, but I could make sense of it if we pick him now.  But, Edwards is scary to me.  I think he has the biggest bust potential of the draft, by far.

I was adamant about wanting Ball after the lottery. Now, I’m adamant about not wanting him anymore. Ball scares me more. 

• Pie 1

On 11/15/2020 at 12:45 PM, TikTOK said:

I agree with you somewhat. I think that Wiseman is more of a Deandre Jordan or Andre Drummond. Best case scenario is that he turns into a Rudy Gobert who can shoot from the 3 pt. I just don’t really see the Chris Bosh comparison. At the end of the day, we need a center badly. It’s our weakest link on the team.  Only a couple teams are effective playing the small ball like Golden State because they have two great shooters and Draymond who is an all around player to go along with an elite head coach. Wiseman would help us tremendously and someone to guard a Giannis or Anthony Davis. I know that Bam was hurt during the finals but he and the Heat couldn’t contain AD in the biggest best out of 7. 

Me and m28 are having similar talk about DB and is he worth as a DT. Is a old school type of Center the key to hornets future championships, Mitch suuure is trying to add one.