Carolina Huddle

Hoenheim

Do You Think Rhule Will Double Down on another Defense Laden Draft in 2021? What Would You Do ?

11 minutes ago, t96 said:

This draft is definitely going to be our best opportunity to get a young QB for the future. There are 4 great prospects and 1 will certainly be there for us to take. It's going to be a no-brainer (although I've seen this team screw that up so much that I'm fully expecting us to take a linebacker or something). Teddy will be a great mentor for a year but is not the future. 

well, pretend Trevor and Justin don't exist for a moment.   2 great prospects. 

How would you describe this QB class without them?     The ones who are making their name largely vs what appears to be weak teams in a COVID year IMO. 

The TE is  becoming more of a key player in today's game.  It would be nice to get one.

1. QB

2. MLB

3. S

4. CB

5. DT

6. TE

7. DE

FA: Brandon Scherff, David Andrews and Cam Robinson. 

Until recently Id say the only position you could not draft a 2021 starter was RB. 

Simply the team needs talent infused at every single spot. You could argue some at DE and WR, but Samuel is a FA and YGM is a unknown. Need to draft talent above all else. Need about 12 starters and 18 depth, just a long way off. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, pretend Trevor and Justin don't exist for a moment.   2 great prospects. 

How would you describe this QB class without them?     The ones who are making their name largely vs what appears to be weak teams in a COVID year IMO. 

Lance made his name the year before covid, and while he has concerns, he's got insanely high potential and showed he could realize it in 2019. He's a top 5 pick in this draft guaranteed if Lawrence and Fields weren't in it, maybe even 1st overall... Wilson has all the tools and big upside as well, and nothing about his play this season has shown any reason for concern. Yes, it's against worse competition but he's still showing he can make all the throws, navigate the pocket, read the field, etc. Both these guys are absolutely worth top 10 picks, especially when we do have the ability to let them sit for a year or two behind Teddy to get them more up to speed because they are raw.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Lance made his name the year before covid, and while he has concerns, he's got insanely high potential and showed he could realize it in 2019. He's a top 5 pick in this draft guaranteed if Lawrence and Fields weren't in it, maybe even 1st overall... Wilson has all the tools and big upside as well, and nothing about his play this season has shown any reason for concern. Yes, it's against worse competition but he's still showing he can make all the throws, navigate the pocket, read the field, etc. Both these guys are absolutely worth top 10 picks, especially when we do have the ability to let them sit for a year or two behind Teddy to get them more up to speed because they are raw.

Just feels to me like Trevor and Fields made this a great QB class.....and everyone is somehow getting some massive bump below them. 

1 year at NDSU?   And isn’t actually a physical freak?  He just seems way over valued.   Can’t recall a comparable to Lance.  A comparable resume/physical tools projecting so high 

SEC guys scare me because they are all one year wonders popping up vs what appears to be a very weak SEC this year.   

Body of work today just makes me too nervous. Now they go take down some combo of Ohio St, Bama and Clemson and look the part? I’ll probably change my tune. 

Micah Parsons. End of story. Everything but giving up a first the following year to get him.

• Pie 1

Short is done .  Brown gets double teamed every game .  Draft DT , LT, QB ,  OG , LB .  Our MLB is trash .  Need upgrade 

I feel assure that we'll address the offensive line either through FA and or the draft. 

I also think we'd address the CB position the same way. 

I do think that we'll at the very least look at QB's, but I only think we'd draft a QB high in the draft if the one we (coaching staff) want falls to us

And I hope we address MLB. I think Tre Boston stays.

Something I noticed about very early projections in the draft : Some quality Oline available in R2/R3 . Some good LB depth in the mid rounds which could be huge for us. 

Here's  a way too early mock  first 3 rounds : 

(Trey Lance was also available) 

(Id also get the absolute best avaiable free agent Oline as well. Id sell out for oline this draft like they sold out for dline early last draft. If not  a QB in R1 I'd get Creed Humphrey (OG) or Sewell (OT)  )

10: R1 P10 QB Zach Wilson - BYU
42: R2 P10 C Josh Myers - Ohio State
74: R3 P10 OT Liam Eichenberg - Notre Dame
Edited by Hoenheim

Im really hoping our first pick is either a QB or we get the best olineman in the draft. 

They didnt go into the draft planning to go all defense, it just kinda fell that way.  

• Pie 1

Have to look at the way the draft prices are falling, which will change after tryouts and such. Also draft position is going to change, season isn’t over yet.

As of now it’s looking highly likely BPA at our spots will be defensive players. At this point we can only hope a player falls.

I do think we will be in prime position for a stud DB in round 2 tho so there’s that.

if one of the qbs is there take them, if not go all in on defense.

cant win games with our 3rd down defense

I would like to see them get at least two O lineman in this draft, but draft the rest defense