• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What we did Good, Meh, and Bad

Crazydounut

Obviously a loss is never good. But a loss can be constructive to a team. And if you want to lose a game always choose week 1. 

Good- Recivers were better against the man-man coverage, Cam looks to be healthy (somehow), Running game is still strong, offense hasn't regressed, Punting team was superb, Gano was fine until the 50 yarder. (Can't really blame him on the loss though. Seems to still be elite.)

Meh- Coverage was off and on. Something you expect with young corners. Should improve over time, Oline protection our oline was good until they blitzed. Shula did nothing to help them face it (again), Run defense was inconsistant at best. We showed flashes of last year. And we showed flashes of 2010 (God no).

Bad- Pass Rush. God Almighty we have no pass rush. We need to blitz to bring pressure which leaves gaps in coverage, clock management was putrid and cost us the game. Shula, REALLY? I won't even talk about how poo he was playcalling AGAIN. The good thing is that it seems to only be Denver he struggles against in game planning and playcalling.

Overall takeaway- We will be fine. The issues apart from pass rush can and I believe will be fixed. We played bad, the refs were wearing Orange, and we still almost won with a 50 yard FG at the end. On the road in mile high. I am still expecting a 12-4, 13-3 season. I believe this loss will end up being a positive at the end of the year to see our problems early. This is also the toughest game all year for us and we still almost won. We are fine just need to bounce back against SF

Archived