• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Helluva game

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

Good game gents. I predicted 31-21...was a point off on each team :)

Seriously though, you aren't far away (as if that isn't obvious). It was weird seeing Jake, because it looked like the playcalling handcuffed him a bit. Also, what was up with that attitude of Smith?

Good hard fought game....I think you'll make the playoffs as soon as your coach stops coaching "not to lose" and coaches "to win". Reminds me of Tressell at Ohio St. to be honest.

I agree entirely,Jake has had some bad performances, but he made some good throws today.I think your team had to at least TRY to pass the ball even if you end up eating it.

In this day and age you cannot win in the NFL with a run game alone except for a game here and there.

This "managing a game concept" is for rookies if your in a rebuilding year or back up QB's to win a game or 2 if your 1st QB goes down.

The play calling is way to conservative.

anyway best wishes and thanks for welcoming to your board.

bob

Steve was angry for a few reasons. During the week, Gregg Williams said that the only way to keep Smith from being a playmaker, was to make sure he doesn't get up. I know he said he was joking, but honestly, that's not something you say in the NFL. That's taboo, and he should have known it.

Also, Darren Sharper hit him out-of-bounds in the first quarter, resulting in that personal foul. That pissed him off, and then, when Darren Sharper got up, he slapped Smitty on the helmet, which is entirely unsportsmanlike. That's why Fox and Smitty were in a rage at the point, both of them yelling on the sidelines. (And if I were Fox, I would've told that LJ to keep his damned hands off of me.)

But yeah, we had our foot on your throat, and we let it up... I'm not sure what happened, but for some reason we got away from the run-game. I know you can say because of the 8-man front, but D runs against that all of the time. Davidson just decided to do some different things, I guess, and that cost us.

Btw, this game proved Deangelo > than every other running back in the NFL. And your prediction of him running 49 yards was a joke...

Guest DrewBreesIsGod

Steve was angry for a few reasons. During the week, Gregg Williams said that the only way to keep Smith from being a playmaker, was to make sure he doesn't get up. I know he said he was joking, but honestly, that's not something you say in the NFL. That's taboo, and he should have known it.

Also, Darren Sharper hit him out-of-bounds in the first quarter, resulting in that personal foul. That pissed him off, and then, when Darren Sharper got up, he slapped Smitty on the helmet, which is entirely unsportsmanlike. That's why Fox and Smitty were in a rage at the point, both of them yelling on the sidelines. (And if I were Fox, I would've told that LJ to keep his damned hands off of me.)

But yeah, we had our foot on your throat, and we let it up... I'm not sure what happened, but for some reason we got away from the run-game. I know you can say because of the 8-man front, but D runs against that all of the time. Davidson just decided to do some different things, I guess, and that cost us.

Btw, this game proved Deangelo > than every other running back in the NFL. And your prediction of him running 49 yards was a joke...

man, I'll be honest; when you had 1st and goal from the 1 and then called the timeout and had to settle for 3...if you score there I honestly think we would've been too far behind and not enough momentum. That was a HUGE sequence.

Archived