• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Monday Morning Thoughts

walken

As I tossed and turned last night not being able to shake yesterday’s game I reflected on a few scenarios from alternate universes.

In one of them Hurney gets his boy in the 2020 Draft after trading a first and second round pick to the (yes, we lose on YGM and Brown, and that’s the downside), but we don’t sign Teddy saving us a 2021 3rd rd comp pick (Addison) and 40 million in cap space (which is rolling). 

With our franchise quarterback we can now build an office tailored to his strengths. Questions now have more concrete answers. Do we sign Samuel or Moton? Which is more important to Herbert’s success? Having a QB to build around gives us a little more direction. 

We are currently sitting 9th in the 2021 Draft but for every game the: Giants, Eagles, Texans, Bengals, Lions and Falcons win next week we move up one spot (no, we’re not going to beat the  saints). I don’t expect to go 6-0 in the aforementioned games,  but I do expect to go 2-4 or 3-3. Which would put us 6th or 7th. 

All of this is to say, if our QB is sitting there in April and we have the chance to move up to 3 or 4 to get them, even at the cost of draft capital we need to do it. This franchise needs depth and talent from the draft, but more importantly we need “The Franchise” QB to build around. A west coast offense QB has different needs than an Air Coryell or Playaction QB. We need to know how to tailor our team to the single most important position in all of sports. And the sooner we answer that question the sooner we start consistently competing.

Monday Morning Thoughts over...

Archived