• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gerald Wallace

NFL Executive

f32b50a9b0a69b882254adb66cf942ee-getty-90043005ib019_bobcats_heat.jpg

Bama-Logo2.jpg

Link to vote Gerald Wallace into the all star game

In his 9th NBA season, Charlotte Bobcats Captain Gerald Wallace is having career highs in rebounds per game (11.8), 3 point percentage (33.9%), FT percentage (75.4%), and minutes played (41.8, which currently leads the league). His 18.2 points per game are second only to Jax (20.4) for the team lead. #3 is the Bobcats all time leader in steals, points scored, FTs attempted and made, 2nd in rebounds, 2nd in blocks, & 3rd in assists. G-Force has given the Bobcats 6 years of tough play even when the team was not successful. Now that we're winning and in the playoff hunt its good to see him get some recognition which hopefully translates into a roster spot on the All Star team in Dallas.

capt.9da278716e4046b5b80d785f846bba66.grizzlies_bobcats_basketball_nccb105.jpg

G-Force buzzer beater downs Grizz

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP)—With the final seconds ticking down in a tie game Saturday night, Charlotte’s Gerald Wallace knew teammate Raymond Felton was going to throw up a floater.

So just as Felton left the floor, Wallace jumped, too.

“I know my hang time is a lot longer than his,” Wallace said, smiling. “So I’ll be up there for a minute.”

With part-owner Michael Jordan sitting courtside, Wallace did an impressive impersonation. He leaped over Memphis’ Zach Randolph, caught the air ball on the other side of the rim, and dropped it in as time expired.

The crowd roared as Wallace tumbled to the floor. All that was separating Charlotte’s 89-87 win over Memphis was the formality of a replay review.

“I was like, ‘Man, did I get it off?”’ Wallace said. “Then I looked at the replay on the JumboTron and I was like, ‘Man, that wasn’t even close.”’

Moments after Felton’s two missed free throws allowed O.J. Mayo’s 3-pointer to tie it for Memphis, Wallace’s second stunning play in the final minute gave the Bobcats their fourth win in five games.

Wallace had a spectacular block of Mayo’s driving layup attempt just seconds earlier.

“The guy made a great play,” said Grizzlies coach Lionel Hollins, who gave Wallace a fist bump and congratulated him in the hallway outside the locker room. “We got the defensive stop, he came over Zach’s back and tipped it in for the winner.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2010010930&prov=ap

• 2 weeks later...

Archived