• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Devils @ Canes

Ncstatefan

NJ Devils (23-12-3) @ Carolina Hurricanes (20-15-5)

Devils come in 4-1 in their past 5 games while the canes come in riding a three game win streak.

Expect Cam Ward in net for the canes.

Brandon Sutter will be playing his father,Brent Sutter (head coach for the devils), for the first time.

I expect the Canes to come out quick and try to get the fans into it early. The D has been solid and Cam is finally consistantly good.

Predicted score: 4-2 Canes

By the way it's a Buy one get one free deal with a donation.

Canes win 3-2 , would have been 4-2 if Ruutu hadn't wiffed on an easy goal.

Whitney, Samsanov and Ruutu with the Goals.

It was a 3-0 game into the third, the Devils scored on a PP with 7ish minutes to go where they pulled their goalie. Around 21ish seconds to go they did the same thing and scored but the canes held off.

Wardo had a great night a fantastic job locating rebounds.

Ruutu played well even with the whiff and Babchuk was my number one star of the game. Played a sound defensive game and yet joined on the rush with a beauty to ruutu for the goal on a 3 on 2. He had some good slapshots and did a good job pinching.

1* - Babchuk

2* - Ward

3* - Ruutu

I tell you the character of this team is night and day from the beginning of the season. Our old team would have folded and we would have lost this one, but the way we are playing now. They can make the clutch stops. Plus there were a few that just missed the net. Sutter played great. Really put on a good show for his father. I really like the direction we are headed into as we get closer to the all star break! go canes!

This was a really good win for the team. I'm getting confident in them again, I hope they don't follow their trend of the past few seasons by following up a good streak by sucking for 2 weeks.

If we can bang out a 6 or 7 game win streak, that's enough to get me confident in them again but if we can get torwards double digits than hell the whole league better watch out because by then we would be grabbing at the head of the Southeast.

Archived