• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LeBron James

King Taharqa

KING JAMES DROPS 50 POINT TRIPLE DOUBLE ON KNICKS!!!

capt.efbda3090a584361aa530f98e2325e55.cavaliers_knicks_basketball_msg102.jpg

After Kobe's 61 point performance against the Knicks, King James 1-ups him with a 50 point triple double performance in the Cavs 107-102 victory tonight. 52 points, 11 assists, 10 rebounds, and 2 blocks. #23 is the best player in the game.

Did he really get that triple double?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Slap-an-asterisk-on-LeBron-s-MSG-triple-d?urn=nba,139191

...is the best player in the game.

b6063ebf3c8010acff92c63bcf9a29c1-getty-83006039_dlk014_cavs_v_celt.jpg

38 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals, and 3 blocks tonight against the Celtics. Bron's putting up the same numbers he's been putting up the past, but this year he's hitting his FTs and playing even stronger defensively (he held Paul Pierce to 11 points tonight). Cavs have the best record in the league right now even with their starting center Big Z being out. No question King James is the MVP of the league. Bobcats saw firsthand Wednesday night.

I'd still give the nod to Kobe as being the best in the league. A lot more in his offensive arsenal, can score from anywhere on the court. Lebron is a great slasher and can drop dimes, but he's shooting 77% from the FT; don't understand how that says he's "hitting his Free throws."

Any who, Lebron is a beast but I'd like him to get a CONSISTENT jump shot and a develop a deadly perimeter game, something that Kobe has.

Lebron's assists and rebounds put him head and shoulders above Kobe. Its not all about chuckin' the rock up every time it hits your hands.

I'd take Lebron over Kobe any day on an NBA squad. Fantasy league might be another story.

Lebron is averaging 2 assist/ rebounds more than Kobe per game. However he's still only shooting 77% from FT. He's a beast, but again Kobe has the overall game. And lets not talk about chucking it up. Kobe has been quite the mediator these last couple of seasons. Even the causual basketball fan will tell you the ol' "He's a ball hog" is dead. Thing is, when 4th Quarter comes--inside 2min---he's gold. I'll say this. If more players were brazen enough to take the charge and take out Lebron's driving lanes (See Spurs/cavs series playoffs) Lebron's strengths (slashing at will) would be negated a great bit. Simply put, you force Lebron to shoot he won't be an effective scorer. Kobe on the other hand.....you leave him open on the perimeter, a few feet from the basket, etc...You're going to pay...CONSISTENTLY. Lebron can give me a triple double every other night, but in the grand scheme of things if he's not making his FT's (Something that 3 guards need to do because they draw a lot of contact by definition because of their position) Heck, Chris Paul is throwing up triple doubles every other night too. I think ESPN is making people drink to much of the Lebron Kool-aid. Kobe might not give you a triple-double every other night (who does) but he makes up for it with a better FG/FT percentage. Oh *cough* *cough* 3 rings.

i'm only a casual nba fan but from what i saw with the series with the spurs i wasn't impressed at all. if he wins it all this year with some stellar games then he can be in the talk of "best".

All that last year about Kobe being "best on the planet", and he gets punked by the celtics. Jordan would never have let that happen. Jordan is the best of all time until someone dominates time after time in the finals like he did.

• 2 weeks later...

da0123bf3026b1a8665fcf318d1bc18c-getty-83009343jd009_cleveland_cav.jpg

King James drops the double nickel tonight in Milwaukee. His stat line for the evening is 55 points (including a career record 8 three pointers), 9 assists, and 5 rebounds. Cleveland wins 111-103. Can you say MVP?

Pretty good for someone WITHOUT a perimeter game huh?

Give me a break, I'd take Labron over Kobe. He's not as selfish, he passes the ball and does everything. 77% FT's are still pretty good, better than a lot of NBA plays, but the rebounds/assists/steals are huge. As far as saying he can't shoot, you are nuts, I've seen Lebron drill 3's, far 2's, all game long. The guy is the most COMPLETE player in the league.

He ain't Jordan yet, he never will be, but in the end you'll see Jordan BESIDE Lebron as the best players ever.

Here's how King James measures up against some of the all-time great forwards at age 24 in the NBA.

[b]PPG    FG%    FT%   3PT%   RPG   AST    TO   STL   BLK[/b]    

[b]LeBron James[/b]      28.9   49.3   77.0   31.7   7.4   7.1   3.2   1.8   1.2

[b]Karl Malone[/b]       27.7   52.0   70.0   --.-  12.0   2.4   4.0   1.4   0.6

[b]Julius Erving[/b]     27.9   50.6   79.9   33.3  10.9   5.5   3.6   2.2   1.9

[b]Charles Barkley[/b]   28.3   58.7   75.1   28.0  11.9   3.2   3.8   1.3   1.3

[b]Larry Bird[/b]        21.2   47.8   86.3   27.0  10.9   5.5   3.5   2.0   0.8

[b]Dominique Wilkins[/b] 21.6   47.9   77.0   --.-   7.2   1.6   2.7   1.4   1.1

[b]Scottie Pippen[/b]    16.5   48.9   67.5   25.0   6.7   5.4   3.4   2.6   1.2

The only player who I'd say is clearly better than LeBron at age 24 would be Dr.J. King James matches up very well or better than all the other forwards on this list at that age. None of these guys were in their primes then and put up better seasons afterwards. Its scary to think how good this guy is gonna be in his.

Pretty good for someone WITHOUT a perimeter game huh?

Give me a break, I'd take Labron over Kobe. He's not as selfish, he passes the ball and does everything. 77% FT's are still pretty good, better than a lot of NBA plays, but the rebounds/assists/steals are huge. As far as saying he can't shoot, you are nuts, I've seen Lebron drill 3's, far 2's, all game long. The guy is the most COMPLETE player in the league.

He ain't Jordan yet, he never will be, but in the end you'll see Jordan BESIDE Lebron as the best players ever.

I've always said that Lebron can shoot the three, he just doesn't have a great game inbetween the three point line and the paint. His shot chart last night will prove that. Awesome game though for sure, I'm not knocking him here, just don't think he's as perfect as this poster thinks.

Also, how is Kobe selfish?

Archived