• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats 1st Round-Pick #2 SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

I'm jumping on this bandwagon now! Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, imo will be a STAR in the NBA. Probably the safest pick for us at no.2 also. Many believes MKG will make an immediate NBA impact. Gilchrist is an NBA ready player whose skills should help him start from day one. Some have think that he is an All-star waiting to happen. His work ethic is also tremendous. Someone who will do all the dirty work and clean up the mess.

MKG is not a great range shooter, but one who will drives hard to the basket and earn those hard points. He will only improve his shooting in the pros. A great defender and rebounder forward who would be a huge upgrade for us over guys like Derrick Brown, Thomas, Moon, Najera, and White. He will be someone who could defend guys like Lebron and Wade in the future. Many people think we need a big man or so, but HELL! every position is a need for us. We need help at every position. Can't go wrong taking a guy like MKG. Gilchrist should be our first priority to building a championship team for the future. He shows up every game with his intensity and never give up mentality. Will only help Kemba and Biyombo grows.

Gilchrist has been compared to guys like Gerald Wallace, Andre Iguodala, and Scottie Pippen.

(http://hoopsmanifesto.com)

DRAFT PROFILE:

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Kentucky - Freshman (Born 1993)

Small Forward

6'8" 228lbs

The Good:

- great size for the small forward position

- 6'10" wingspan

- elite defender who is good/big/long/athletic enough to guard multiple positions in the NBA

- relentless driver who is terrific at getting to the hoop and finishing

- extremely hardworking, intense player

- always gives 100% effort on both ends of the floor

- big game experience

- terrific rebounder for his position

- is a great scorer in transition which should translate well to the pros

The Bad:

- poor outside shooter - will need to improve his shooting range to keep NBA defenders honest

- still extremely young (won't turn 19 until September) so might not be ready to contribute immediately

- needs to work on his ball-handling

- probably doesn't project to be a "superstar"

NBA Comparison:

*Andrei Iguodala/Gerald Wallace* - both in terms of playing style (do-it-all) and level of play (All-Star)

The Skinny:

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is probably the player who did the most to improve his draft stock this season (at least among the elite prospects). He now has a legitimate shot at being the second name called by David Stern in June. While he might not project to be a NBA superstar, he does look like an All-Star level player and a mainstay on the NBA's All-Defensive Team.

YOUTUBE CLIPS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww_qdvVYsLM

michael-Kidd-Gilchrist.jpg

Click here to view the article

Yes to MKG and no to Kamen, he is too old.

I say break the bank for Roy Hibbert and make him an offer that he can't turn down

PG- Kemba Walker

SG- Gerald Henderson

SF- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

PF- Bismack Biyombo

C- Roy Hibbert

I'm all for that if we can pry Hibbert from Indy.

I'm all for that if we can pry Hibbert from Indy.

id jump off a bridge if we could get Hibbert here.

but i think its going to be really hard to attract any veterans here at all.

Maybe bring back Gerald Wallace? lol

PG Kemba

SG Henderson

SF MKG

PF Wallace

C Biyombo/Mullens

anyone knows how much cap we have this upcoming season?

id jump off a bridge if we could get Hibbert here.

but i think its going to be really hard to attract any veterans here at all.

Maybe bring back Gerald Wallace? lol

PG Kemba

SG Henderson

SF MKG

PF Wallace

C Biyombo/Mullens

anyone knows how much cap we have this upcoming season?

I hate some of your idea but I really hate this one.

Crash at his age couldn't take the pounding of being a PF.

And I'm really want to move Bismack to PF where he can have match up advantages.

I hate some of your idea but I really hate this one.

Crash at his age couldn't take the pounding of being a PF.

And I'm really want to move Bismack to PF where he can have match up advantages.

lol im just joking. but i really wouldn't mind it.

that would really upgrade our starting five.

its going to be hard signing a big man to CLT.

Bismack will have better match up at PF, but going to be hard for him still bc of little offensive game.

but still he's too small at C.

lol im just joking. but i really wouldn't mind it.

that would really upgrade our starting five.

its going to be hard signing a big man to CLT.

Bismack will have better match up at PF, but going to be hard for him still bc of little offensive game.

but still he's too small at C.

He has a better chance posting up other PF then C and I know Kamen is older but he maybe the only C that will come here.

I believe I read we have around $17 mil in cap space which is why I suggested the Hibbert idea in the first place because the only thing that would get him here is a large amount of money.

thanks. i just checked and i think we're one of the few teams that have a good amount of cap space.

Unless Beal can put up 30 points a night then I see no reason to draft him.

MKG can put up ten to fifteen points night in and night out while also securing ten rebounds and limiting the opposing teams small forward to fifteen points creates a 30 points swing and at least gives us a chance to possibly win a few more games.

Also, I expect Walker and Biyombo to come back much better next season and Henderson has been getting better every single year he has been in the league. I think MKG gives us a better opportunity to win than Beal does.

Archived