• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SF Oline vs Car Dline (and a special Fua scheme)

dos poptarts

I'm thinking Greg Norman may go back to the well and pull out the same scheme they used against Detroit the last few years. Lots of jumbo and wham blocks to take Suh and Fairley out of the play.

I'm concerned that Star and Short may get caught up in it as well since they are rookies.

Hoping that Rivera/McDermott/Washington need to make sure they can hold their own. 

Flip side....

I'd like to see Schula take that jumbo set w/ Fua (and that is why Fua was taking snaps with the Oline.) Take the 49ers scheme and run against their front. See if they are built to defend it as well. (I do think Barner could easily get lost in the wash and bust out here....but I wouldnt' bring him in unless the we need a different style back)

Didn't contribute on the Fua/Oline thread, but when Fua did return back to the team week 3(?), I did opin that Schula would utilize Fua on a screen, cause a lineman blasting past Fua wouldn't alert anyone that a screen was coming.

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/2012/9/13/3324616/49ers-vs-lions-preview-week-2-ground-attack-breakdown

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/9/15/3338178/49ers-vs-lions-wham-play-coaches-film

I think especially with Dwan being back we are able to withstand the pounding the 49ers put on people.  That gives us a nice 4 man DT rotation with Cole playing well.  Chipping star with a TE or going into lots of jumbo formations shouldn't effect us as much as other teams. 

Kaepernick takes off far earlier than Cam.  Kapernick is not waiting on his 3rd read.  It's 1, 2 , scramble while looking down field.  We cannot stunt unless we have some kind of outside contain.  Our DE have to really be ready to play this game.  We could easily dominate this game defensively.

Offensively they really like man and don't blitz a lot.  They do tackle and they do hit (hard).   Patrick Willis is a monster but I think Bowen is what makes that defense tick.  He is their version of Thomas Davis.  I could see Cam struggling if he doesn't make quick decisions with the ball.  Factor in Aldon Smith who is back and he makes it very difficult to run away from him.  Misdirection and the read option are going to be pivotal and I hope we are prepared to exploit it.  Offensively going to come down to whether or not we can exploit the 1 on 1 man situations in the secondary.  Being able to keep SF with the 2 high safeties is gonna make or break our run game.  If we cannot make the secondary respect the 1 on 1 matchups we are in trouble. Screens don't work real well against them.

Going to be a real good game.

I think especially with Dwan being back we are able to withstand the pounding the 49ers put on people.  That gives us a nice 4 man DT rotation with Cole playing well.  Chipping star with a TE or going into lots of jumbo formations shouldn't effect us as much as other teams. 

Kaepernick takes off far earlier than Cam.  Kapernick is not waiting on his 3rd read.  It's 1, 2 , scramble while looking down field.  We cannot stunt unless we have some kind of outside contain.  Our DE have to really be ready to play this game.  We could easily dominate this game defensively.

Offensively they really like man and don't blitz a lot.  They do tackle and they do hit (hard).   Patrick Willis is a monster but I think Bowen is what makes that defense tick.  He is their version of Thomas Davis.  I could see Cam struggling if he doesn't make quick decisions with the ball.  Factor in Aldon Smith who is back and he makes it very difficult to run away from him.  Misdirection and the read option are going to be pivotal and I hope we are prepared to exploit it.  Offensively going to come down to whether or not we can exploit the 1 on 1 man situations in the secondary.  Being able to keep SF with the 2 high safeties is gonna make or break our run game.  If we cannot make the secondary respect the 1 on 1 matchups we are in trouble. Screens don't work real well against them.

Going to be a real good game.

Hardy  vs Stanley

*Biggest match up should be Star vs Iupati   

Cole vs  Goodwin / Boone

Johnson vs Davis

Archived