• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(UPDATED) Charlotte actively in talks to buy out Ben Gordon

carpanfan96

Welp, UPDATE:

I asked Bonnell yesterday if  we were still planning on buying Gordon out and he said he had no idea, and now, today, we have this...

Ben Gordon continues to talk buyout w/Charlotte but is said to resist any new deal that impacts his looming free agency in July

And from RGM:

Ben Gordon and the Charlotte Bobcats continue dialogue on a buyout.

The Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Clippers and Houston Rockets are pitching two-year deals with a team option for 14-15. Gordon would prefer a deal that does not impact his free agency.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/232188/Ben-Gordon-Bobcats-Continue-Buyout-Talks;-Bulls-Clippers-Rockets-Interested

I'm guessing we like one of the guys out there that just got bought out and are aiming to get one of them.  Interesting enough, some of the very teams interested in BG are interested in Granger, Butler, and Jimmer...  So, if we buy him out quickly and he signs a deal with them, odds are much better we come away with one of those other three.

My guess would be Jimmer would be the most likely candidate.  I would prefer Butler for his all-around game, but unless we're giving him a significant role - either the 6th man with plenty of minutes, or making him the starter at the 3 and moving MKG to the 2 or 4 in a small lineup, then he would be unhappy with it...  So, Jimmer seems most likely.  Replacing a SG/shooter with another SG/shooter.

Archived