Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fua has been resigned!

278 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

My hope would be that if he finds playing time we are ahead by a nice margin and his play would not effect the outcome all that much (also known as mop up time). If it's a close game and we need to collapse the pocket or stuff the run to get off the field,then that's not a winning situation. I did read that Dwan is nursing an injury and they need a body until he recovers,but a live body would have been nice.

Posted · Report post

lmao!

Sorry, guys.  The moment I saw the news, I knew this place would explode. I've been chuckling since.

:stuff:

Posted · Report post

Agree with Jawny, why not re-sign Kearse? At least he plays like a man occasionally.

Just to drive home how bad Fua is, not once in 3 years of games, both regular season and preseason, did I ever watch him make a single play that made me think "nice play Fua". Not once. How is that even possible?

There has to be at least 5-10 DT's sitting at home that are better than Fua. He has no business in the NFL.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I don't even understand.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Lol, I don't get it, is this real.

Posted · Report post

they're making it really hard to be a fan with shit like this.  one of these days i'm going to get around to typing an essay diatribe about the many stupid draft picks and personnel missteps this franchise has made.  fua is not the first, he is not the worst, but he's up there.

Posted · Report post

Is Kearse healthy?

Posted · Report post

x2_6dd7b9d.jpg

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Is Kearse healthy?

I wondered about that as well, but Rotoworld doesn't list any kind of injury advisory. 

Far as I know he was a healthy cut.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

But....but....but I gave out so much pie......

Posted · Report post

x2_6dd7b9d.jpg

LMAO LOLOLOLOOLOLOL

Posted · Report post

Is Kearse healthy?

he got an injury settlement on september 4th but i don't know if that actually means anything

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

could this mean a trade is in the works? Trading away a DT for OL help?

Posted · Report post

fua-header.jpg?w=588&h=300

D linemen should be at least a little bit scary. Does this guy look scary to you?

He looks like somebody's uncle. The one that all the kids loved because they could jump on his big belly and he'd get mad and tell them to stop it, but they would keep doing it anyway.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Fua makes me miss Nick Hayden.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

could this mean a trade is in the works? Trading away a DT for OL help?

No way, this has got to he in case Dwan Edwards is hurt and misses time.

Posted · Report post

They can't just not piss me off. They just cannot do it.

Posted · Report post

Well, look at on the bright side.  When we do sign another OL guy, you get to re-live the pleasure of seeing FUA cut again. (one can only hope)

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

fua-header.jpg?w=588&h=300

I'm starting to think by this pic that Fua is Rivera's long lost son. Some one night deal he hadn't heard about til a year or two ago.

Someone put their pics together, they look oddly similiar....
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'm starting to think by this pic that Fua is Rivera's long lost son. Some one night deal he hadn't heard about til a year or two ago.

Someone put their pics together, they look oddly similiar....

Agree, they indeed look similar. Hmmm, things start adding up.

Posted · Report post

It's this kind of stuff that makes me question the mind behind our coaching staff.  Last year we ran the read option religiously no matter what.  Now we are bringing back Fua, who will completely shatter our run defense and pass rushing ability anytime he is on the field. (All you have to do is look at our preseason game against the Eagles to find that out)  I'm tired of this stupidity with both these teams I'm fan of. (Panthers and the Gamecocks)

Posted · Report post

Man, some of us REALLY hate Fua.

I asked this question earlier, who is still out there that we could sign that would really be a difference maker? I mean Fua is just going to be a back of the rotation guy, so why the meltdown? Albeit a spectacular and hilarious meltdown.

Anyway, this thread gets high marks for entertainment.

Posted · Report post

yeah, makes sense. lose your starting LG when you've got horrible depth and then replace his spot on the roster with the worst DT you've had in a while?

meh.

i'm done trying to defend some of these decisions.

Remember 2009? The DTs on that team made Fua look like a pro bowler...

Posted · Report post

Man, some of us REALLY hate Fua.

I asked this question earlier, who is still out there that we could sign that would really be a difference maker? I mean Fua is just going to be a back of the rotation guy, so why the meltdown? Albeit a spectacular and hilarious meltdown.

Anyway, this thread gets high marks for entertainment.

It's just not a sign the coaching staff is getting smarter.  Our secondary completely sucks because they fail to bring anybody in.  They are still starting Munnerlyn.  They now bring back a rag doll at DT, who I'm assuming will see time as a back up.  When Fua is in, expect to see the opposing offense to gain signficant yards. (I wish I was exaggerating, but we've all seen it way too many times already) 

I want to see signs this team is heading in the right direction.  Resigning Fua is a horrible sign.  What happens if Beason gets hurt?  Are we then going to bring Clausen back?  There's a reason these guys are free agents, and only the dumb Panthers will give these guys a job.  I'm just tired of seeing this stuff.  Even fans aren't this foolish.