Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers need to sign at least 3 players tomorrow

37 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We really need to sign 2 Dbs and a tackle. I would really like 3 Dbs and a Tackle but I have no idea who we cut to make room. I assume Godfrey will go to IR, cut Fua again, and hopefully cut Armond smith. That's 3 spots to be filled and with the CJ restructure we have to be doing something. It's only week 3 so the season is not over. We are playing the Giants who have 2 very good DEs and 2 very good Wrs. With injuries and Bell's performance against the bills Gettleman needs to prove we are actually trying to win and not just sitting on our hands until seasons end just to can Rivera.

(edit: meant OT not DT)
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

seems like we'd be a little more urgent to replace godfrey and get the new guy reps in practice

Posted · Report post

Hell at the rate at which Monsters Pink are playing, we might even need some DEs. I said it before the season began that teams that can pass will find a way to shield from Monsters Pink and feast on our secondary all day. See what the rookie did to us on that last drive?

Posted · Report post

I'm sure DG is on here right now looking for ways to improve the team.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Robert Lester is on the practice squad, at least.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'm sure DG is on here right now looking for ways to improve the team.

At this point, would that hurt?

He publically told Cam he needs to start winning this offseason and then gave him Byron Fucking Bell to protect him.

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

He publically told Cam he needs to start winning this offseason and then gave him Byron fuging Bell to protect him.

I hate to say it but mark me down with the crowd that suspects Cam is too new for Gettleman's taste and had absolutely no inclination to invest in him

Gettleman has come across as stuck in the past in some regards since he got here and it makes perfect friggin sense with richardson making the hire

Posted · Report post

He publically told Cam he needs to start winning this offseason and then gave him Byron fuging Bell to protect him.

He also didn't even sign a backup for Bell just in case oh you know like Bell happened to play like ass or got injured.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, there was always that disconnect between what he was saying and what he was (or wasn't) doing.  Now we're just all kind of confused, dazed---whatever---waiting to see wtf G-man's gonna do, if anything

Posted · Report post

Cut Bell as well to

Posted · Report post

Yes, because players signed Tuesday are ready to play by Sunday.
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

This

Posted · Report post

I'm not giving up on Gettleman or anything, but it would be interesting to peek into a mirror world where we hired Marc Ross.

Posted · Report post

I rather a vet with experience at the position. Even if he has been sitting on the couch waiting for the phone to ring. Better than Jordan Senn or Thomas Davis being considered to play FS.

Posted · Report post

I hate to say it but mark me down with the crowd that suspects Cam is too new for Gettleman's taste and had absolutely no inclination to invest in him

Gettleman has come across as stuck in the past in some regards since he got here and it makes perfect friggin sense with richardson making the hire

Meh... I'll have to wait til next year to make a call on that. If we go something like CB,CB, SS in the first 3 of the draft I'd have to agree.

Posted · Report post

We aren't signing three players, we're signing ONE player. Godfrey is the only player going to IR.

Posted · Report post

We aren't signing three players, we're signing ONE player. Godfrey is the only player going to IR.

Mikell, Moore, Norman, and Thomas could all be out Sunday. I'd like us to take some precaution

Posted · Report post

Mikell, Moore, Norman, and Thomas could all be out Sunday. I'd like us to take some precaution

You don't understand how NFL rosters work, do you? Only 53 players allowed on an NFL roster we have 52 with Godfrey on IR. Which leaves us with ONE open spot.

Posted · Report post

I'm not giving up on Gettleman or anything, but it would be interesting to peek into a mirror world where we hired Marc Ross.

Mirror would reflect what we have right now.

An alternate world on the other hand...

Posted · Report post

Hey I'll play. I could use a career change. I can get blown past as both a rt and cb. Im versatile!!!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You don't understand how NFL rosters work, do you? Only 53 players allowed on an NFL roster we have 52 with Godfrey on IR. Which leaves us with ONE open spot.

Read the Op. I said cut Fua and Armond Smith. Boom 2 more spots.

Posted · Report post

Mirror would reflect what we have right now.

An alternate world on the other hand...

Why don't you say it to my face!

Posted · Report post

I made a thread about Byrd being unhappy in Buffalo a couple days ago... so should we seek a trade now? Or do we wing it with free agency?

Posted · Report post

I made a thread about Byrd being unhappy in Buffalo a couple days ago... so should we seek a trade now? Or do we wing it with free agency?

Hey Jarius, I know you're sick of a losing franchise and want out, so how about come to the team whose ass your losing franchise just kicked?

1 person likes this