stirs

HUDDLER
  • Content count

    13,505
  • Joined

  • Last visited


Community Reputation

2537 Awesome

About stirs

  • Rank
    I Reckon So
  • Birthday 11/06/1913

Profile Information

  • Gender Not Telling

stirs's Activity

  1. stirs added a topic in The Lounge   

    Good guy passes at 106
    Made a difference
     
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Winton
    • 1 reply
    • 39 views
  2. stirs added a post in a topic FREE HEALTH CARE!!   

    A lot of giving stuff, more people got stuff.  Not success to me.  Post office sends mail everyday but not sure they are a success because they lose millions.  The Obamacare did nothing to fix basics of system.  Just a feel good story for politicos.  The government will NEVER do something better than the private sector.  Success would be for the system to function better, include more folks because healthcare costs were going down, not just because the gov mandated and will add to the deficit.  But hey, we have a huge new government function now and I expect it to operate just like every other government function.
    • 0
  3. stirs added a post in a topic For this point forward I'm identifying as "white" and nobody can tell me otherwise   

    You mean equal opportunity for all these things, right?
    • 0
  4. stirs added a post in a topic FREE HEALTH CARE!!   

    Where are any cost savings in the healthcare system going to be found?
    80% of a $1000 or 80% of $10,000.  Which leaves you the most money as far as the 20% residual?
    • 0
  5. stirs added a post in a topic FREE HEALTH CARE!!   

    silk purse, meet sows ear
    • 1
  6. stirs added a post in a topic Tiger looks done   

    The Foxsports 1 channel is not a lot better.  They are the only alternative to ESPN.
     
    • 0
  7. stirs added a post in a topic FREE HEALTH CARE!!   

    Nobody is surprised by any of this.  Pubs predicted it, Dems denied it, media ignored it.  But they all knew it.
    Government getting bigger and bigger is the aim, no matter the vehicle used
    • 2
  8. stirs added a post in a topic Tiger looks done   

    Sigmund "TheRed" Freud will see right through this veiled response.  He knows what you are really thinking.
    • 0
  9. stirs added a post in a topic FREE HEALTH CARE!!   

    How do you define successful?
    • 0
  10. stirs added a post in a topic Wisconsin Republicans vote to dramatically scale back oversight of lawmakers, other public officials   

    Pub politician faces backlash, Hillary thumbs her nose at everyone and press lays down
    • 0
  11. stirs added a post in a topic Whispers going around that US might create new alternative currency   

    QE is major problem to me
    • 0
  12. stirs added a post in a topic Women USA vs Japan World Cup...   

    Wanting to throw up all of a sudden
    • 0
  13. stirs added a post in a topic Whispers going around that US might create new alternative currency   

    We do business with Italy, Portugal and Spain, mostly Italy.  I too expect the Euro to drop for awhile anyway, after that, well, that is why I asked
    • 0
  14. stirs added a post in a topic Whispers going around that US might create new alternative currency   

    How about a couple of you guys weighing in on the Greek vote of no today and the possible weakened Euro's effect on this thread.
     
    tks
    • 0
  15. stirs added a post in a topic Wisconsin Republicans vote to dramatically scale back oversight of lawmakers, other public officials   

    You will never get an argument from me about politicians and their slime potential.  I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy of Mr "Bennngggaaazzziii" himself (OP) starting the thread.
    In my opinion, unless it is the NSA, CIA or FBI, then most everything in politics should be transparent to the public in due time, some immediately.  Also, oversight is never oversight when the ruling party gets to condemn or not condemn.  Maybe oversight should be a total non political (hard to do) entity, who advises on their findings publicly
    • 2