Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SI.com's Panthers draft needs

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Carolina Panthers

Current picks: 28, 60, 92, 128, 168, 204, 225

Needs: Receiver, offensive tackle, cornerback

Well, here’s one good thing to say about the Panthers — they really don’t have to wonder what their primary personnel issue is. Having lost their three main receivers from 2013 (Steve Smith, Brandon LaFell and Ted Ginn) and replaced them with spackle in the form of Jerricho Cotchery, Jason Avant and Tiquan Underwood,

http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/24/2014-nfl-draft-needs-nfc/2/

Yes, we lost the mortar and replaced it with spackling.  Losing the 3 Amigos from last year will create huge holes that Gettlemen is going to try to fill with mud.  Over 9 catches per game--gone forever.  What will we do?  Cotchery, Underwood, and Avant only combined for about 7 catches per game last year,  so we are talking about 2 balls per game---BEFORE we draft a stud rookie. 

Sounds like an upgrade that saved us a lot of cap money to me

Posted · Report post

I would love to get paid to Wright stuff like that.

Posted · Report post

I would love to get paid to Wright stuff like that.

I can think of at least one reason why you never wheel.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I can think of at least one reason why you never wheel.

Wow Omg!! I misspelled a word kill me !! It's a message board dude get a grip.

Posted · Report post

Wow Omg!! I misspelled a word kill me !! It's a message board dude get a grip.

In a post stating you wished you could be a paid writer. If you can't do it for free, I don't give you much of a chance.

I have a grip, just found it ironic and quite hilarious.

Posted · Report post

it will be fun to give all these draftniks the finger when we start winning superbowls with a team full of players that we drafted who weren't people we needed.

If we can we a couple of SBs, I don't care who the fug we draft. Get those damm rings. I don't much care how.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Carolina Panthers

Current picks: 28, 60, 92, 128, 168, 204, 225

Needs: Receiver, offensive tackle, cornerback

Well, here’s one good thing to say about the Panthers — they really don’t have to wonder what their primary personnel issue is. Having lost their three main receivers from 2013 (Steve Smith, Brandon LaFell and Ted Ginn) and replaced them with spackle in the form of Jerricho Cotchery, Jason Avant and Tiquan Underwood, the Panthers and general manager Dave Gettleman are on the clock to resolve this issue — especially since Gettleman basically booted Smith out of town. The Panthers are a potential playoff team, hoping the defense holds fast while the offense is reconstructed.

Though Carolina doesn’t have a selection until the 28th pick, that’s a decent landing spot if a franchise-defining receiver is the goal. USC’s Marqise Lee could still be on the board, and Penn State’s Allen Robinson has an appealing combination of size and speed. The Panthers also have to replace retired left tackle Jordan Gross, and Byron Bell might not be the answer at either side. For a team that prefers power offense, Alabama’s Cyrus Kouandjio would be a great fit, if his medicals don’t scare the team off. And losing Captain Munnerlyn to the Vikings means that a new cornerback is needed. Clemson’s Bashaud Breeland is a smaller corner who plays tough, and that seems to fit the franchise profile.

http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/24/2014-nfl-draft-needs-nfc/2/

But...but...but...HES LEFT HANDED

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Didn't Bryon Bell look decent at G.

Posted · Report post

*Surprised safety isn't on their needs list.*

Posted · Report post

If we can we a couple of SBs, I don't care who the fug we draft. Get those damm rings. I don't much care how.

I think we are all OK with a couple of super bowls.

I think we are also pretty OK with two winning seasons in a row.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You can tell whoever wrote this knows very little about the panthers. He makes it sound like all 3 WRs were vastly superior to our current ones...AND no we do not like small CBs or WRs just because we had capt and smith. We want big guys cause big men win.

Posted · Report post

Landry's stock has been skyrocketing lately. ive seen mocks with teams taking him in the 1st recently. i think he is a mid/late second round talent. and i do hope we draft him. i like the combo of Davante Adams and Landry

You cetainly get talented players who can catch the ball if you go that way.  I'd try to wait on Jarvis Landry until the 3rd at least, because the draft is so deep.  I think I'd try to get Adams in the 2nd.

1 person likes this

• Masters of PIE !