Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Hornets Transformation Thread - Live Press Conference @ 12:30 PM (Updated 5/7 @ 11:49PM)

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#121 Simon Says

Simon Says

NOT NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

Pelicans fans are losing their minnnndddd

No they aren't...

In fact, they are laughing and calling you an inbred hick for posting stupid drivel all over their board.

#122 Simon Says

Simon Says

NOT NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

I don't think they are investing all this time and money in a re-brand just to wear Bobcats throwbacks. The Bobcats are done.

The real reason they are doing it...

It is a business. Their goal is to make money. The Bobcats had bad ticket sales and possibly the worst merchandize sales in the league. By rebranding they get to tug on the ol' heart strings of old Hornets fans and sell a crap load of merchandize and tickets playing off the success of the old team.

That is why they rebranded.

#123 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

Boom

#124 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

I've heard that Stern sold the team to Benson with an unwritten agreement that the team has to be renamed immediately so Charlotte could have their moniker back. Stern tried forcing Shinn into rebranding when he moved so Charlotte would keep the band for their new team but Shinn was a dick. Before he retired Stern wanted to give Charlotte their name back because he felt it left a black eye on his legacy that he allowed one of the most popular teams in the league to be moved, then watched Charlotte's new team flounder with little support.

Doesn't seem that far fetched. Benson owns the dirty Saints, don't be so quick to praise him. His hand may very well be tied in the whole situation.

Although I don't usually believe in the "I heard" source on a message board, knowing how Stern operates this would not surprise me.

Edited by teeray, 20 May 2014 - 01:08 PM.

#125 FourthWard

FourthWard

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationEl Wardo Quatro
HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

Enjoyed hearing that the Hornets rank #1 in full-season ticket sales for next year.  The Bobcats ranked 30th in merchandise sales, so in addition to giving the people what they wanted, it seems to have exceeded expectations from a business standpoint.  It would be silly to say that it was just fans or only business reasons for making the change as there was obviously multiple factors which in this case, can be called a "win-win."

#126 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Stop Making Threads...

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

MFW someone on the pelicans forum just said I'm an unemployed redneck who has ruined the huddle.

#127 wareagleflyboy

wareagleflyboy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

Enjoyed hearing that the Hornets rank #1 in full-season ticket sales for next year.  The Bobcats ranked 30th in merchandise sales, so in addition to giving the people what they wanted, it seems to have exceeded expectations from a business standpoint.  It would be silly to say that it was just fans or only business reasons for making the change as there was obviously multiple factors which in this case, can be called a "win-win."

The season ticket sale stat is kind of deceiving.  We are #1 in "new" season ticket sales not total.  So we aren't selling more season tickets than the say the lakers or knicks....Not yet at least!

#128 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

Stop Making Threads...

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

No they aren't...

In fact, they are laughing and calling you an inbred hick for posting stupid drivel all over their board.

I'm not talking about the forum. I'm talking about the 1000's of pissed off fans on twitter.

#129 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:36 PM

MFW someone on the pelicans forum just said I'm an unemployed redneck who has ruined the huddle.

Pretty obvious who that is. That's an overload of irony coming from him.

#130 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• LocationWinston-Salem, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

Confirmed that the Hornets will receive their history.

This is huge. someone make a thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users