Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Ryan Shazier is the BPA.

99 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

He ran a 4.38 40 at 6'1'' 238Lbs at his proday. Roby a CB ran a 4.39 at 5'11'' 194lbs at the NFL combine. This kid is a freak of nature, I bet if Al Davis was around the Raiders draft him #5 overall.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

after thinking about it i wouldnt mind it looking at the td situation . the thing is carolina really needs secondary help the most.(fuller)

when panthers made their run defense came up big. newton was great but that d helped more than any wr could. i think they should complete the d and oline. i would grab wr mid round since this class is so deep. if the panthers can get this d on hawks level(which is not far off)...you should be seeing cam win a superbowl. with oline fixed you can run the ball better and give newton more time to make better decisions. again wr class deep and all you need is guys that are dependable(hawks) in catching the ball.( also guys with some size and this only works if you complete the d though like hawks)

i could go the other way to(offensive) but just remember the last time panthers made a great run was with a great d. 

Posted · Report post

The thing that a lot of people are neglecting when discussing BPA vs BPA at a position of need is that in this scenario Shazier is considered far and away a better prospect than any OL or WR available, which is very likely the case. Shazier has star potential. I'd much rather have that than some decent #2 receiver.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Why not take telvin smith in the middle rounds instead of using another 1st on a lb. That would make more sense. Using that many 1st round picks on a lb in a 4-3 defense is just not smart.

Posted · Report post

Can we stop this insane talk of drafting players we don't need.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

i will shit artillery rounds if this happens

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Can we stop this insane talk of drafting players we don't need.

TD has 2 to 3 years left in him Ryan would be a great move and would lay the foundation at front 7 for many years ... But that's if the big 4 ot/wr isn't there .. But he is impact player that will add element to already dominate defense

Posted · Report post

Why draft a olb with our first when we have holes all over oline, wr, and dbs you see us in our nickle defense more than a true 4-3 with 3 lbers so he'd just be a situational player for a couple years, pass.

Bc why draft a WR or OLine guy when we can draft another lber to be on the bench!!

IM ALL IN!!

Really teams that try to outsmart the room always look foolish. Hurney made it a badge of Honor to ignore DTs, TEs and First round WRs...i think him being dismissed means we will look to fill those positions...TE not so much now.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Please God, no.

Posted · Report post

TD has 2 to 3 years left in him Ryan would be a great move and would lay the foundation at front 7 for many years ... But that's if the big 4 ot/wr isn't there .. But he is impact player that will add element to already dominate defense

Why would we even consider doing this when obviously the pick needs to be ot or wr. Were not in a position to take a luxury pick and draft for 2-3 years down the road were not the seahawks or the 49ers who's teams are already deep. We just gutted the offense period. We don't have extra picks...If we want to win we should not be planning on draft a backup linebacker when klien is fine we drafted on last year. No reason to keep stacking on to already stout positions when the offense is burning in flames. I can't even believe were debating this in a thread.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If he's the best player on the board; sure.

Posted · Report post

Why would we even consider doing this when obviously the pick needs to be ot or wr. Were not in a position to take a luxury pick and draft for 2-3 years down the road were not the seahawks or the 49ers who's teams are already deep. We just gutted the offense period. We don't have extra picks...If we want to win we should not be planning on draft a backup linebacker when klien is fine we drafted on last year. No reason to keep stacking on to already stout positions when the offense is burning in flames. I can't even believe were debating this in a thread.

Why does the pick have to be a WR or OT? There is this thing called free agency that helps teams address needs, it also allows teams to go BPA (within reason) in the first round.

God forbid the Panthers draft Shazier in the first, Adams in the second, Desir in the third, Hurst in the fourth and then sign Danario Alexander and Eric Winston in free agency. Oh no's... whatever will we do with that much talent?!?!