Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Polian talks about Dave Gettleman

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Hilariously awesome imagining Gettleman as a high school coach talking to his players about hogmollies and blue goose 16 year olds.

Bill Polian:

"When he was a high school coach and we were living in the same town we talked football all the time and I recognized he had a real good grasp of what talent evaluation was. That hasn't changed. It's just grown.''

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/6255/ex-carolina-gm-on-gettleman-a-terrific-judge-of-talent

Posted

I personally love GMan as the GM. He is working towards getting rid of the ghost of Hurney & don't expect under him to ever be in that cap situation again. He will not overpay for talent, he is very good at evaluating & filling team needs with what little wiggle room he's had. He's tough yeah, but that what this franchise needed. If your not producing to the level your getting paid why keep you. I also love the fact that him & Rivera believe in young talent & developing it. Always the biggest problem I had with Fox as a coach. With a solid draft & blessed health where be fine & another year closer to not being strapped for cash anymore.

1 person likes this

Posted

Gettleman hurt me when he cut Steve. You just hate to see the greatest Panther of all time cut. But in terms of football. It wasn't the biggest loss. I trust Gettleman to make winning decisions. Even if he pisses me off.

1 person likes this

Posted

without even waiting to see how the offense performs, you expect failure. Lol

I expect us to win.

Posted

No way to predict how things will go wrong, if they do.

If we wind up with a poor season, we won't know the cause until we see it play out.

True. There could be many factors if we don't play well. I expect us to win the division.

Posted

Gettleman hurt me when he cut Steve. You just hate to see the greatest Panther of all time cut. But in terms of football. It wasn't the biggest loss. I trust Gettleman to make winning decisions. Even if he pisses me off.

The Smith cut I felt to, but he could've asked Smith to take a pay cut & got denied. One could argue Smith deserved the money for all his loyalty to the organization. GMan just got here & has no loyalty besides his draft class. Bottom line Smith was getting paid way more then he was worth.

Posted

Didn't have to click on the thread to know what he would say.