Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

6th Round - Carolina selects RB Tyler Gaffney, Stanford

258 posts in this topic

Posted

@BlackBlueReview: Gaffney went to high school with Ron Rivera’s kids.

Chico just handing out pity picks

1 person likes this

Posted

I like Gaffney, but I would have much rather had Hurst, Richardson, or Abberderis here. I think there's a good chance we get at least one of those guys as UDFA's though at this point. Remember last year everyone bitched about not getting Lester when we picked Barner.

Abbrederis was drafted by Green Bay.

Posted

The best part is that he may never even play with us choosing his baseball career instead.

And the pick gets worse...

Posted

looks like GettleMagkic is to get rid of the overpaid contracts ASAP...Smith, Hardy, CJ, Srewart, Williams...looks like a pattern. Now if Cam gets hurt from the left side....it might be GettleBlackMagkic

Posted

More likely that we just don't care for what we see in Kenjon Barner so we move on from him.

so then what does that say about our GMs scouting ability?

there was talent that stuck around that we passed on last year so we could take barner who was supposedly the bpa.

at this point i think it's all throwing darts at a draft board blindfolded.

perfect opportunity to take a shot on an OT that coud help and you draft an RB who will likely see the field as much as the RB we spent a late round pick on last year? lol. at this point i think it's bordering on just being stubborn.

2 people like this

Posted

Pick made me laugh, but the kid has talent

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted

i'm the highlight king

Is it mandatory that every draft prospect highlight video have "N*gga this... 20 cal that.. B*tches this... F*ckin that... Yolo this.." lyrics?

3 people like this

Posted

How is this kid supposed to make the roster?

he doesn't. he will end up playing baseball

1 person likes this

Posted

Williams isn't getting cut, he's the only back that has been consistently healthy.

Then Barner or Gaffney aren't making the team. It's really weird they would already give up on Barner and to waste a pick just now.

Posted

I posted this early, I was partially correct

David Gettleman is going to be skyping in today. I have a strong theory that the following will occur in real time. Somewhere a man wearing a fake moustache is pacing slowly around Bank of America Stadium. He will find his entry and walk straight to the war room.

In round 4 he will casually suggest his highest ranked player is a RB, and in round 5, and 6 and 7. Without Gettle there and Riverboat Ron too hungover from gambling all night, the scouts will listen to this man and his fake moustache. Suddenly, after round 7 and 4 straight RBs taken, Rivera will stir "Hmm I've smelled that before"

Rivera's football instincts take over, and he hunts down the man like a lion stalking a weak gazelle. Tearing off the moustache he reveals none other than......Marty Hurney!!!

Security will pull Hurney away, as he kicks and screams he will plead, "I can save you! I will save you Panther! I love you Panther!"

Rivera will shed a single tear.

5 people like this

Posted

Has great vision.  Sheds blocks.  Looks a little slow.

Posted

Have we ever not drafted a RB?