• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#16 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:55 AM

Unfortunately, Hardy strikes me as the kindof guy that only gets more belligerent after an arrest.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

#17 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:57 AM

I think this pretty much ends the contract talks and he'll be going to a new team after the season, if not before.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Edited by carpanfan96, 14 May 2014 - 07:03 AM.

#18 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,136 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

LOL hyperboil much? None of us know the facts of the domestic and really that's the only serious charge he has had. I'm willing to bet that by TC this is all forgotten.

#19 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,969 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

I've been meaning to ask, but it's likely not all that relevant here, but isn't his father in law enforcement?

#20 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

LOL hyperboil much? None of us know the facts of the domestic and really that's the only serious charge he has had. I'm willing to bet that by TC this is all forgotten.

I don't know any people worth knowing that has a domestic abuse charge. You?

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

#21 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:17 AM

Forgotten? Not a chance.

#22 Bob NC

Bob NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:20 AM

a

Edited by Bob NC, 14 May 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#23 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:28 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see this as a big deal. You can get charged with domestic violence quite easily nowadays. What if the two were fighting (arguing) in public, and someone called the cops? Once they are called, someone has to go to jail. I know I could've been charged quite a few times myself, it's a tactic the cops use to defuse a situation. We have zero information as to what was actually going on, yet y'all are assuming the worst. I remember being that age, I remember spending a night in jail, (not for DV) but I grew up. I think GH will too. I'm not speculating, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt, until more information becomes available.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

#24 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,725 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:30 AM

I am reserving judgement until the facts come out on why he was arrested.

However, I suspect JR will have a sit down with Hardy after this and tell him it's his last chance.  I don't agree with everything JR has done, but he seems to have little tolerance for stuff like this and I greatly respect that.

#25 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:31 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see this as a big deal. You can get charged with domestic violence quite easily nowadays.

Do you really believe this?

#26 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,930 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:35 AM

I guess I am in the minority but I believe:

1) He will not get that much punishment - community service and a 1 game suspension

2) His stock will not diminish

3) He will sign a massive contract somewhere besides Carolina (which would have been the case anyway)

Edited by Happy Panther, 14 May 2014 - 07:35 AM.

#27 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

I've seen it happen with a buddy and his wife. They were screaming at each other in the yard, (obviously not sterling behavior) neighbors called the cops, and he spent the night in jail. This is the best possible scenario, of course it gets worse from there. I'm just pointing out, it might not be as bad as others are saying. I hope for his sake that's all it was.

#28 Bogart

Bogart

Village Idiot

• ALL-PRO
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:49 AM

I can vouch for this. Ex wife faked an injury to have me arrested for domestic violence out of spite and I had to go through hell to get my name cleared. Guilty until proven innocent is how it works. It's still on my record as being charged. The only way to know the truth is to read the trail transcripts. I'm not making light of domestic violence, just my experience in that situation.

Edit: corrected the charge. It was for domestic violence not assault. Had to look through my shyte to find the papers. Tried to forget the hell I went through so forgive me if I got the charge wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Edited by Bogart, 14 May 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#29 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,846 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:54 AM

If I were Richardson, DG, and Rivera I would All go down to the jailhouse and have a talk with him right there in the cell before he is released. See where His head is at.

...not quite how it works, but I get your point.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#30 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

Assault is the threat of physical violence, with the apparent ability to do harm.

Battery is if actual physical contact/harm is done.

Obviously GH has the ability to harm, so if he was threatening the female, it's simple assault. So if you tell your wife, girlfriend, or significant other that you are going to beat their ass, whether you mean it or not you are guilty of assault.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Greg Hardy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com