Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smitty was such a freak

76 posts in this topic

Posted

So you would check the scoreboard and be happy the Ravens won without knowing any of Smitty's stats for the game? Yeah...not me.

uh huh. the point i made in the OP was more about him putting up big numbers in the super bowl. he doesn't need more regular season stats. he's pretty much a lock for top 15 in catches and yards by the time he retires.

Posted

uh huh. the point i made in the OP was more about him putting up big numbers in the super bowl. he doesn't need more regular season stats. he's pretty much a lock for top 15 in catches and yards by the time he retires.

I would love for him to make the HOF. It would be great to tailgate in Canton. But if the expense is having to root for a team other than the Panthers, it's not worth it.

If Smitty went to a NFC team would you be rooting for him to get to the Super Bowl? If he went to the Cowboys would you be rooting for him?

Posted

If the Ravens win the Superbowl Steve Smith won't be MVP. He's not even their #1 reciever. It's not 2005 anymore, he's on his way out of the leauge. He'll be a role player at best in Baltimore.

Posted

I hope Smitty blows up this year but I don't care if the Ravens win a single game.

2 people like this

Posted

imo, smith is just like any other player on any other team. i won't be wishing succes or failure for him....unless it's against us in which case he is the enemy and i wish no good for him. only pain, frustration, and a loss.

i am a panthers fan. not a player fan. and i am only a panthers fan. if he retires as a panther then i'm welcoming him back. until that day comes, he's just another guy on another team. no different from any other former panther player.

what he did here was great and he was my all time favorite panther, but he's now history. right now and going forward is what matters and i'm looking forward to seeing what this new era brings.

3 people like this

Posted

I would love for him to make the HOF. It would be great to tailgate in Canton. But if the expense is having to root for a team other than the Panthers, it's not worth it.

If Smitty went to a NFC team would you be rooting for him to get to the Super Bowl? If he went to the Cowboys would you be rooting for him?

you're a very high strung person. i said i wouldn't root for the ravens to beat the panthers. calm down buddy. and you're kidding yourself if it comes down to ravens vs nfc team that isnt the panthers, you wouldn't be going for the ravens to see smitty win a ring.

If the Ravens win the Superbowl Steve Smith won't be MVP. He's not even their #1 reciever. It's not 2005 anymore, he's on his way out of the leauge. He'll be a role player at best in Baltimore.

strangers things have happened. like some guy named larry brown or dwight smith or malcolm smith winning MVP.

Posted

you're a very high strung person. i said i wouldn't root for the ravens to beat the panthers. calm down buddy. and you're kidding yourself if it comes down to ravens vs nfc team that isnt the panthers, you wouldn't be going for the ravens to see smitty win a ring.

strangers things have happened. like some guy named larry brown or dwight smith or malcolm smith winning MVP.

No...I'm actually not high strung at all. I just don't agree with your statement. In fact, no one who has posted after you has agreed with it. Do you have names to call them, too? I just call them real Panthers fans.

Posted

No...I'm actually not high strung at all. I just don't agree with your statement. In fact, no one who has posted after you has agreed with it. Do you have names to call them, too? I just call them real Panthers fans.

i dont care much for zod or rayzor or the guys with <5 posts so i mainly have the same thing to say to them as i do to you.

do you think colts fans just said "oh peyton manning is just a guy on another team now" and didn't want denver to win the big game after they were eliminated? that would seem an odd thing to think because of how much peyton meant to the colts for the past decade, being one of the best players of all-time and face of the franchise, much like smitty was for carolina. if anything, the indifference makes me question whether or not you're a real fan.

1 person likes this

Posted

i dont care much for zod or rayzor or the guys with <5 posts so i mainly have the same thing to say to them as i do to you.

do you think colts fans just said "oh peyton manning is just a guy on another team now" and didn't want denver to win the big game after they were eliminated? that would seem an odd thing to think because of how much peyton meant to the colts for the past decade, being one of the best players of all-time and face of the franchise, much like smitty was for carolina. if anything, the indifference makes me question whether or not you're a real fan.

You keep changing your stance. First it was "I'm rooting for Baltimore", then it was "I'll check the scoreboard and be happy if they won", the it was "rooting for them in the SB if the Panthers are eliminated". Figure it out already....

So my loyalty to my team over any player makes you question whether or not I'm a real fan? Keep going with that thought... That makes tons of sense.

Posted

I'll recognize Missouri as a state before I root for Baltimore

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

2 people like this

Posted

Kid is in over his head.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

Posted

You keep changing your stance. First it was "I'm rooting for Baltimore", then it was "I'll check the scoreboard and be happy if they won", the it was "rooting for them in the SB if the Panthers are eliminated". Figure it out already....

So my loyalty to my team over any player makes you question whether or not I'm a real fan? Keep going with that thought... That makes tons of sense.

If you read my posts you'd see "the only way I'm not rooting for Baltimore is if they're up against Carolina" quite awhile back. Not sure how you missed it. Pretty clear I want the Panthers to win more than the Ravens.