#1 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

Finally put up the final version a few days ago. Bwood hated the music and on my next project I'll consult you bro. I know I need to improve on my cinematography, editing, focusing, audio and casting. You might not think they're great actors or were casted correctly but I didn't have a large pool of actors/actresses at my disposal. I used strictly people from my college's theater department and a few friends. But again please feel free to post your critiques because I'll only learn from them. Thanks guys!

#2 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,694 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

the opening sequence was really good. audio seems a little unbalanced overall, the dialogue feels forced in the poker scene (underqualified actors with bad delivery don't help any script) and the angled camera scenes and fades feel gimmicky.

that said i don't know anything about video production and i'm incredibly fuging jealous that you put this together and now i want to make a movie.

#3 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,694 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

warning to other posters: if you type the word poker in your response you'll get a page-not-found and lose your post.

#4 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,942 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

the opening sequence was really good. audio seems a little unbalanced overall, the dialogue feels forced in the poker scene (underqualified actors with bad delivery don't help any script) and the angled camera scenes and fades feel gimmicky.

that said i don't know anything about video production and i'm incredibly fuging jealous that you put this together and now i want to make a movie.

Thanks man I appreciate the feedback! Agreed with the audio unbalancing and the p oker scene. Making a film is very stressful but in the end it is so worth it. Seeing your vision come to life is truly rewarding. You should def give film making shot. You're already in a great position considering your photography and storytelling talents. Start with a script!

#5 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,942 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

Working on a script for a possible sequel. Any suggestions?

#6 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

My advice: don't do a sequel.
There are very few sequels that turn out good.

#7 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,942 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

My advice: don't do a sequel.
There are very few sequels that turn out good.

I really don't want to but most of the actors/actress want to reprise they're roles. Meh.

#8 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,712 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:56 PM

I like how you got an image of 59 in the movie. Good stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com