Photo
- - - - -

D.G does the right thing...3 players on the upswing locked down

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#13 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

By chance is that 89 exclamations? 

......theres almost 89 in the first line.....so no.....

#14 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

There is no loss with chandler. It's small potatoes cap wise. But if he booms dg will have saved us an amazing hardship of paying above average to elite LT money from draft picks/FA.

#15 Vagrant

Vagrant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:46 PM

There is no loss with chandler. It's small potatoes cap wise. But if he booms dg will have saved us an amazing hardship of paying above average to elite LT money from draft picks/FA.

Nah. If he explodes he'll just hold out for a better deal. Like virtually all players do when they overperform any contract other than their rookie deal and even then sometimes. In the NFL you tend to get what you pay for or you overpay for what you're not wanting anymore.

#16 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

Nah. If he explodes he'll just hold out for a better deal. Like virtually all players do when they overperform any contract other than their rookie deal and even then sometimes. In the NFL you tend to get what you pay for or you overpay for what you're not wanting anymore.

Not right away but I had thought of that as well. We'd still be getting a cheap deal for a good bit

#17 The Huddler

The Huddler

^ 99 OVR ^

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:18 AM

Not right away but I had thought of that as well. We'd still be getting a cheap deal for a good bit

I agree with your posts

I'd like to add that even worse case where he doesn't pan out at LT, he's a damn good asset to have on the line. Very versatile, played guard last year and did well. Convert from DT. Someone goes down this man can fill in. VERY valuable.

That said, I have a hunch he will be a good LT.

#18 AvatarBlock

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

Why do people think we will have a bargain if Chandler ends up being really good? He will ask for and get a significant raise.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle