Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you have a second team to root for?

153 posts in this topic

Posted

I've rooted for the Chargers since the late 70's. Loved the Fouts era. I have warmed o n them since the Panthers came along but I would not be upset to see a Charger VS. Panther Super Bowl. With the Panthers winning of course. 

Posted

just pick all panther FF players dumb fugs

I did this one year. Some asshole took Beason as an IDP. He was the only one I didn't have. Of course Clausen was the QB so I finished last. Still it was fun.

Posted

I follow the Bengals from afar for my best friend's sake, but typically speaking they make me incredibly apathetic.  I pity the fanbase due to having Mike Brown as an owner, but beyond that...eh.

I liked Seattle in the Hasselbeck era, and while they're much closer to me than the Panthers, typically they also inspire severe apathy in me.  They won a SB for the first time in over 40 years...great...still don't care.  Don't hate them, don't like them, they simply are.

Pittsburgh and Dallas, on the other hand, could easily be remedied by a mushroom cloud and I wouldn't shed a tear.  It would be terribly unwise for me to ever go to a game where their fans are, because I really don't need the felony.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've always liked the Raiders....for some reason I've wanted them to have success with their history maybe it's just the underdog mentality I always go after. It's hard to explain, but they're my AFC team

2 people like this

Posted

I think I'm going to start pulling for the Browns a little bit. 

Ohio is terrible but I kind of pity them.  Plus, I'd like to see Manziel do well to rub it in all the "haters'" faces.

(I'd also like to see LeBron go back to Cleveland fwiw)

Posted

Only other football team I root for is the Mississippi Muddogs, I like Bobby and Vickie Valencourt.

Posted

Asking if you have a second team is like asking if you have a second spouse.

A rare but incredible feat?

Posted

As an NC State alumnus I like to keep track of the NC State players that are in the league. I don't root for their teams, but I like to see the players be successful.

1 person likes this

Posted

i lived in colorado for years so i've always supported denver, but it doesn't go any farther than a casual alliance… the panthers are the only team i actually follow

1 person likes this

Posted

Can't say I have a 2nd favorite. I just root for a certain teams when they play each other.

Posted

No, Panthers are my #1 team overall even outside football but since I moved to Texas I definitely grabbed onto the San Antonio Spurs.  

Posted

Yea, but my 2nd fav team is WAAAAAAAAAY down the list from the Panthers. 

Im a Florida based sports fan, love the Hurricanes, Marlins and Magic. I root for the Dolphins when they aren't playing us.

So i'll pull for the Phins when I can, but the excitement towards them and anything they do is absolutely dwarfed by my Panther fandom. I keep up with the Panthers 365 days a year, me keeping up with the Dolphins goes as far as did they win or lose on Sunday.

1 person likes this