56 replies to this topic

#1 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,795 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

Ranked 32nd the write takes a cheap shot but doesn't actually provide an argument or any analysis. I guess it's easier to just go with the flow than it is to do any actual work.

http://www.sportsone...tw_share#!2ynfU

Edited by Jackofalltrades, 23 June 2014 - 08:07 AM.

#2 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,795 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

Redundant thread title is redundant. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#3 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,575 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:12 AM

What I did like about that was how the writer kept emphasizing Jimmy Graham as a TE.

#4 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,631 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:16 AM

Our passing/receiving game may well suck. Putting us last stings and is arbitrary but I certainly don't see a lot of reasons why we are all of a sudden going to be a top team.

#5 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,454 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:33 AM

32. Carolina Panthers

The Panthers host the Seahawks on Oct. 26. Their over/under for receiving yards should be around 75, with Mike Tolbert providing most of it.

There's our entire write up in case anyone was wondering.  This is after he gave and in depth analysis to every other team he covered.

#6 ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Cunning Linguist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:36 AM

There really is no reason to think we are going to have a great receiving corps... There just isn't. That saying, there is also no reason why you can be optimistic. Im not, but you can be. I see us being about the same as last year. Cam still needs to grow and hopefully after we get out from under the dead money we can continue to add weapons to the passing game. Cotchery, and Avant are role players at the end of their careers. KB looks to be solid so far, Olsen is a very good TE, but other than that its just role players. I do believe we need to use Tolbert more like he was used with the Chargers. He could be our big version of Sproles. I think he's the best option in the backfield, and hopefully he survives the RB purge when it does happen. 

#7 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

The media seems to equate having poor WRs = poor team when our WRs weren't all that good last year. Cam was our whole offense anyway.

#8 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

We are the smelly kid in class aren't we?

#9 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,269 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

I absolutely think they will be better than last year. We have a better receiver group.

#10 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,714 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

What's new?  I'm so ready to turn the page on this under the radar bullshit.  I'm ready for this team to strike fear into the eyes of our enemies.  We're close, but not quite there yet.

#11 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,465 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:12 AM

We are the smelly kid in class aren't we?

More like the kid who eats paste.

#12 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

More like the kid who eats paste.

That poo is delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#13 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

What's new? I'm so ready to turn the page on this under the radar bullshit. I'm ready for this team to strike fear into the eyes of our enemies. We're close, but not quite there yet.

I disagree. There's no team in the NFL that is going to be glad to see us on their schedule. Our offense might not be flashy or prolific in scoring, but it is going to be punishing and efficient. We are going to pound downfield, eat up clock, rest our top shelf defense while tiring theirs out, and when we get into the redzone, we will be sending out a 6'5" giant, two sure handed veteran possession receivers and a great pass catching TE.

#14 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,714 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:26 AM

I disagree. There's no team in the NFL that is going to be glad to see us on their schedule. Our offense might not be flashy or prolific in scoring, but it is going to be punishing and efficient. We are going to pound downfield, eat up clock, rest our top shelf defense while tiring theirs out, and when we get into the redzone, we will be sending out a 6'5" giant, two sure handed veteran possession receivers and a great pass catching TE.

Hell yeah this is what I'm talking about!  

#15 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:51 AM

I'm not worried about the receiving core anymore, I think they will be a strength as the season progresses.  Couple that with Dickson and maybe even B Williams, already with Olsen, our passing game will be better than last years.  Just need to be able to adjust to quicker routes if our line isnt giving proper time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com