Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PJ Hairston punched a high school kid tonight?

255 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

What an idiot. How you gonna provoke a high school kid to the point he swings on you in a pick up game? C'mon man!

Posted · Report post

What an idiot. How you gonna provoke a high school kid to the point he swings on you in a pick up game? C'mon man!

I'm pretty sure it doesn't take a lot to get kids today in a fighting mood. Have you seen the news lately.?

Posted · Report post

I'm pretty sure it doesn't take a lot to get kids today in a fighting mood. Have you seen the news lately.?

Yeah, but when you're a professional, you're held to a higher standard. I don't know what happened, but I'm guessing there was some trash talk going on.

Posted · Report post

Clearly defending a guy that has yet to prove he can stay out of trouble. Have Kemba or Big Al gotten into any fights this offseason? Nope. This isn't "normal" or "no big deal." With the history he already has, it is pivotal for him to stay out of any negative situation.  He was drafted 10 days ago and we already have a story. Unreal.   

Posted · Report post

Yeah, but when you're a professional, you're held to a higher standard. I don't know what happened, but I'm guessing there was some trash talk going on.

Charles Barkley was a professional but he was going to defend himself.

Now if the situation is PJ fault then blast his dumb ass. But if he was defending himself then it's hypocritical to think I wouldn't do the same thing.

Posted · Report post

"Supposedly" there is video...and the kid doesn't punch first/at all. He's also saying on Twitter he didn't throw punches. God bless Twitter rumors. 

Posted · Report post

Clearly defending a guy that has yet to prove he can stay out of trouble. Have Kemba or Big Al gotten into any fights this offseason? Nope. This isn't "normal" or "no big deal." With the history he already has, it is pivotal for him to stay out of any negative situation. He was drafted 10 days ago and we already have a story. Unreal.

No I'm just realistic about what can happen at a "pick up basketball game". I have seen weapons drawn over a "pick up basketball game". Let's find out the facts before we judge anybody.

Posted · Report post

No I'm just realistic about what can happen at a "pick up basketball game". I have seen weapons drawn over a "pick up basketball game". Let's find out the facts before we judge anybody.

Sorry man, I just don't think you can give a guy with his past the benefit of the doubt.  He's gotta earn that back, and this isn't a good start.

Posted · Report post

Shabazz Napier

Shabazz probably cant even take a punch, probably would have been out a couple weeks and missed summer league. PJs a big guy thankfully.

Posted · Report post

"Supposedly" there is video...and the kid doesn't punch first/at all. He's also saying on Twitter he didn't throw punches. God bless Twitter rumors.

I saw the Kids tweet as well. If true then PJ is a fucking moron and his agent is a POS trying to make the kid look bad.

Posted · Report post

Just to add my two cents: If you're PJ why put yourself in this situation? He has access to the Hornets practice facility now, why does he need to be playing a pickup basketball game at a YMCA where everyone knows who he is and how fragile his reputation is. I'm not sure if he started it or not, but either way he needs to be smarter. Glad we took him at 26 and not at 9 like some wanted.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I don't understand how you get drafted to an organization with a "troubled past" and nobody is keeping tabs on you. He should've never been in Durham and considering the risk of drafting him, he obviously needs someone looking out for him

Sent from my HTCONE using CarolinaHuddle mobile app