Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Omega Atrocity

Hornets salary cap situation

teeray    16,195

Does this include 2.4 million we can open by cutting the dude from Cleveland?

Omega Atrocity    1,339

Well done.

I'd pie you multiple times if I could.

Also Proud, can we get this pinned?

Thank you sir. It took a little bit of work, but I enjoy working through the cap numbers for some reason.

• Pie 1

JJman    1,299

Okay hold up.

Could we not back load a Stephenson contract? Theoretically (not saying we should) we sign him to a 4 yr 56 million dollar contract. We could go something like

Year 1 - 11,000,000

Year 2 - 14,500,000

Year 3 - 15,000,000

Year 4 - 15,500,000

Or is that not a possibility?

Omega Atrocity    1,339

Okay hold up.

Could we not back load a Stephenson contract? Theoretically (not saying we should) we sign him to a 4 yr 56 million dollar contract. We could go something like

Year 1 - 11,000,000

Year 2 - 14,500,000

Year 3 - 15,000,000

Year 4 - 15,500,000

Or is that not a possibility?

That is possible, but not very smart considering we will have to resign both Al and Kemba next year (though we will have the bird rights to both). Plus it would have to be lower than $11,000,000 in year one considering that would only leave us with about $1,500,000 to sign 2 PG's.

• Pie 1

JJman    1,299

That is possible, but not very smart considering we will have to resign both Al and Kemba next year (though we will have the bird rights to both). Plus it would have to be lower than $11,000,000 in year one considering that would only leave us with about $1,500,000 to sign 2 PG's.

Well we could bring Pargo back at minimum as our 3rd string or use the Bird rights on Ridnour. Use the 1.5 million to sign a backup. We could also attempt to move Neal or even Henderson (despite my support for him, if it's him or Born Ready, I chose Born Ready).

As for Walker/Jefferson. For one we have to decide if Walker is worth whatever he asks for. We could be in a similar spot that Phoenix is in with Eric Bledsoe. I don't think Jefferson will be much of a problem to resign honestly. The cap space he is taking up now could alone be almost enough to resign him.

Thank you sir. It took a little bit of work, but I enjoy working through the cap numbers for some reason.

Wanted to ask. Do we still own Tolliver's, CDR's, and Pargo's rights as well?

Omega Atrocity    1,339

Wanted to ask. Do we still own Tolliver's, CDR's, and Pargo's rights as well?

No to all of them. To own bird rights the player has to be under contract with you for 2 years consecutively (not necessarily the same contract) OR they transfer from an old team with a trade (hence why we have Ridnour's, he signed a 4 year deal back in 2010).

• Pie 1