Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nosuchthingasapanther

long term deal for hardy was never in the plans

90 posts in this topic

Could we use the 13 mil we are paying Kraken on other positions? Sure. But the Powers that Be love their D-line. And Kraken makes our D-line outrageous. That, and they felt that what we have at other positions can get us through another year. Looking at it that way, they did what they think is right.

Or we could have used the Kraken money to upgrade the CB and OT positions. Then our D-line would be less than spectacular. Do you want to witness that D-line without Kraken just to upgrade a couple positions that may not be as bad as you think?

It all comes down to personal preference. Some folks would be happy with our D-line falling off to upgrade other spots. Whereas some folks would rather have a beastly D-line and let the kids and FA do what we hope they can.

Our D-line makes our D go. To me, and the Powers that Be, that is worth the risk of keeping Kraken at least one more year.

yup staying relevant.

what's gonna be tricky though is what happens next offseason. lots of big, big decisions in personnel that will have immediate and long term ramifications on the team. seemingly in a bigger way than most offseasons.

Hardy is still IMMATURE(Hardy was even late to meetings last season) and I don't think Gettle wants to give him big money, CJ has never been in trouble, he keeps to himself and handles his business on the field.

hardy will be motivated to show out this year and land himself a long term contract, either with us or with another team. we are paying a premium to keep the defensive line (key in our run last year) intact while kony ealy gains a year of experience, after which we can decide whether jettisoning hardy or johnson makes the most sense.

not cheap, but makes sense IMO

3 people like this

Here's praying to god that kony can be the real deal

That's if he finds him first

1361948482395.png

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

1 person likes this

That's if he finds him first

1361948482395.png

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle[/quote

Stop quoting me you 15 year old pot head

:-)

Wtf? How does this scource have any credibility when it comes to saying stuff like this? They don't know if it were in the plans or not. They don't know if the arrest had anything to do with it. Its just another damn panther twitter feed speculating

Like who the fug is this twitter feed to know? No poo we aren't going to extend him with court tomarow!

"Oh wow look at this insight. This feed reply has the scoop on the future!"

1 person likes this

Read it all people.  It says we are not and never really were going to give Hardy a long term deal BEFORE THE DEADLINE.  That doesn't mean we won't give him a long term deal.  And no matter how well he plays this year he can't really ask for much more money than he's wanting this year.  

Either he comes back down to earth and gets a reasonable deal or he really is the next great DE in the NFL and we franchise his butt again or sign him then to a long term deal with all the cap savings from cutting CJ.

This is a prove it year.  Prove that he's not a fluke.  Prove he can be consistent.  Prove he's somewhat mentally stable.  Seems like a win-win to me.

Exactly.  that is how I read it as well.

They fully intended for him to play under the tag this season and would not invest a long term contract with him until he proved to be more stable. 

Wow, seems like I have read this before many times somewhere.

I don't think after this latest episode (no matter how it turns out), he is any longer in the Panthers long term plans.Between his pin head agent playing hardball and this crap...he be gone in 2015.Kony may get a lot more snaps then expected and maybe F.A. gets one more shot (if he isn't cut and gets out the dog house). Read the tea leaves...D.G has a plan and it doesn't include #76.They will re-structure C.J next year and life will go on.