• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#41 ThinkAboutIt

ThinkAboutIt

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

I don't know how it works but if we only have to pay him 2 mill then that would be a great deal. I know a bunch of these low Ignorant UNC fans don't want him because he went to Duke but for that price you would be retarded to say no.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

The obsession you all have with what UNC fans think about Duke players is as ridiculous as your belief that UNC fans want every UNC player in the NBA on the Hornets.

Seek psychological help for your ABC'er delusions. 

Edited by ThinkAboutIt, 15 July 2014 - 05:34 PM.

#42 ThinkAboutIt

ThinkAboutIt

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

He played some small forward with Utah last year and actually moves really well for someone that has torn their achilles. As a back-up, I don't see why he couldn't excel in that role.

I can see the concern of paying $7 mil a year for a backup though.

"Some." I never said he couldn't do it "briefly," but there's no way he's going to be penciled in as the "backup SF." That would be ridiculous. 

#43 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia
HUDDLER

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

"Some." I never said he couldn't do it "briefly," but there's no way he's going to be penciled in as the "backup SF." That would be ridiculous.

Some as in enough where he could make a living as a back up small forward. I personally don't think we will sign Boozer but if we do then someone is getting moved.

Hypothetically, I guess we could move Zeller to center and roll with Boozer, Williams, Vonleh. Nonetheless, you would still be paying $7 mil for a backup.

#44 ThinkAboutIt

ThinkAboutIt

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

Some as in enough where he could make a living as a back up small forward. I personally don't think we will sign Boozer but if we do then someone is getting moved.

Hypothetically, I guess we could move Zeller to center and roll with Boozer, Williams, Vonleh. Nonetheless, you would still be paying $7 mil for a backup.

Some, as in, sometimes, not most of his time. 

#45 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationCharlotte, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

I don't know how it works but if we only have to pay him 2 mill then that would be a great deal. I know a bunch of these low Ignorant UNC fans don't want him because he went to Duke but for that price you would be retarded to say no.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Congrats on being the one to bring college into this discussion. There are usually a few in each thread that can't think past it, but there always has to be the first one to get it started.

Well done

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

#46 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationCharlotte, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

I don't like the idea of Williams starting over MKG or even coming off the bench at SF. Maybe it's because he missed all of last year and I'm thinking he's better than he is, but I'd rather see Taylor get the second string run than Williams. I'm more happy with Williams starting at the 4. I don't dislike having Boozer, but after signing Williams the idea definitely confuses me.

#47 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia
HUDDLER

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

Some, as in, sometimes, not most of his time.

Some as in enough where he could play the position as a backup.

#48 Gay Cowboy

Gay Cowboy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

I don't like the idea of Williams starting over MKG or even coming off the bench at SF. Maybe it's because he missed all of last year and I'm thinking he's better than he is, but I'd rather see Taylor get the second string run than Williams. I'm more happy with Williams starting at the 4. I don't dislike having Boozer, but after signing Williams the idea definitely confuses me.

What are you talking about? Marvin played 66 games last season, and mostly at SF. He was also better than Luol Deng last season.

Williams/Boozer would be solid at the 3/4 but it buries our two most important pieces (MKG/Vonleh) on the bench. Wasn't the point of blowing up our first playoff team to get rid of overpaid veterans and rebuild with young players?

I don't get this team.

#49 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationCharlotte, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

What are you talking about? Marvin played 66 games last season, and mostly at SF. He was also better than Luol Deng last season.

Williams/Boozer would be solid at the 3/4 but it buries our two most important pieces (MKG/Vonleh) on the bench. Wasn't the point of blowing up our first playoff team to get rid of overpaid veterans and rebuild with young players?

I don't get this team.

I was talking about Taylor missing last season and wanting to see him come off the bench and not wanting to see MKG coming off the bench.

Edit: meaning I'm not excited about MW at the 3

Edited by RoaringRiot, 15 July 2014 - 05:49 PM.

#50 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Yes!!!!! Love it.

Zeller was terrible yesterday and not even mentally ready to play in the SL.

I like Marvin but Boozer is an upgrade. Would be a one-two punch with Al. Boozer got a solid jumper!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users