Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

PJ Hairston Appreciation Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#49 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

Id bet the farm if he was starting and getting 30mpg he would average 15ppg

#50 JJman

JJman

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

Henderson does it and takes much less shots then Hairston.

#51 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

Henderson does it and takes much less shots then Hairston.

Yea, but Hendo will never explode for 40 points or hit 4+ threes a game. 

Hendo has already hit his ceiling. 

PJ will be very streaky starting out in the league, but you will see the potential and talent. 

Just got to put it all together. 

#52 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

There's a very long list of mediocre NBA guards that could average 15 ppg if given the green light.

#53 greghardy'sAK-47

greghardy'sAK-47

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

If PJ gets more than 10 minutes I will kiss everyone's ass.  He will be the proverbial 2nd or 3rd spark off the bench for nights when Neal can't go or is missing everything.  

#54 The Lobo

The Lobo

NOT NEWB

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

He has been playing well.  Granted, it is summer league and he has played in the D league where the competition is supposed to be more challenging.  I will say this, my hatred for ESPN is growing exponentially.  They wrote an article stating Mcbuckets was awesome and PJ is struggling....

Mcbuckets is awesome yes, but to say PJ is struggling is down right idiotic.  ( I am just talking summer league play)

I can see PJ becoming a solid role player until he become a starter in a couple years.

#55 The Huddler

The Huddler

^ 99 OVR ^

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

PJ has not lived up to the hype here on the huddle! Based on how awesome everyone has been making him out to be, I have been disappointed and would say he struggled!

#56 ThinkAboutIt

ThinkAboutIt

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

He has been playing well. Granted, it is summer league and he has played in the D league where the competition is supposed to be more challenging. I will say this, my hatred for ESPN is growing exponentially. They wrote an article stating Mcbuckets was awesome and PJ is struggling....

Mcbuckets is awesome yes, but to say PJ is struggling is down right idiotic. ( I am just talking summer league play)

I can see PJ becoming a solid role player until he become a starter in a couple years.

He was drafted to be a role player.

Lighting it up in the Summer League doesn't mean you will in the regular season.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#57 The Huddler

The Huddler

^ 99 OVR ^

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

Granted its such a small sample of time and its summer league, definitely not writing him off.

#58 greghardy'sAK-47

greghardy'sAK-47

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

He has been playing well.  Granted, it is summer league and he has played in the D league where the competition is supposed to be more challenging.  I will say this, my hatred for ESPN is growing exponentially.  They wrote an article stating Mcbuckets was awesome and PJ is struggling....

Mcbuckets is awesome yes, but to say PJ is struggling is down right idiotic.  ( I am just talking summer league play)

I can see PJ becoming a solid role player until he become a starter in a couple years.

he is a "shooting" guard that has shot somewhere in the neighborhood of 35% against summer league competition.  he is struggling right now.  not a big deal to me, but i'm not above admitting this obvious fact.  

#59 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

He did what he just did today against Hardaway Jr., who is a legit NBA player that logged major minutes towards the end of the year...  PJ will be fine.

But, it definitely seems that he is a polarizing figure already.

#60 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

I expect pretty much nothing from late 1st round picks in the NBA, and Hairston has delivered. He's been abysmal this summer. I don't put any stock into summer leagues, but I didn't expect much from him this season to begin with and he's certainly done nothing to change that opinion. I still like the pick because he has "potential" and late 1st's are worthless, but he's years away. I get douche chills when I read people on here expecting him to be a major contributor right away.

Me too. I never expect much from late 1st rounders, but it's different this year. This has to be the best draft since 2003. I can't remember a SL where this much rookies are having impact performances. No need to talk about the high picks. I'm talking about guys like Stokes, Jordan Adams, and Hood whom are all later picks. Even the Brazilian Bruno Caboclo is contributing.