Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackofalltrades

Bleacher Report Ranks Secondaries

Dex    11,978

Same thing was said last year...

• Pie 1

Dunn    1,580

Thanks for the fuel, bleacher report.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

• Pie 1

xtheronx    224

our secondary should actually be decent this year .. don't quite understand all the hate

• Pie 2

WhoAmI?    1,235

I'm telling you, the NFL better watch out! This team is going to be so pissed off when the season starts from all of the criiticism and our opponents have nothing but the media to blame for their deaths.

• Pie 3

jayflip    4,266

BR can suck a dick for cheeseburgers.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

caatfan    2,216

Yeah we suck. I love it. I wish they'd rank about 50 college defensive backfields ahead of us too. With all our supposed weaknesses a 2-14 season should be about right. 

panthers55    5,132

The problem with ranking our secondary or in fact any secondary is assuming that the talent of the individual players is the best judge of the group as a whole.  But for example, with us it isn't the individuals but how they play together which means run to the ball, gang tackle, try and hold the defender up to rip the ball out, etc.  Different systems require guys with different skills.  We need to just have guys who are great in our system rather than great individually.  Lets be real here, Munnerlyn was good in our system but lets see if he is great in somebody else's system. 

• Pie 1