Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why did you become a Panther fan?

107 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Tell your story.

Posted · Report post

I was always a casual NFL fan before the Panthers.  I just enjoyed watching high level football and had favorite players, but not really favorite teams.  Once the Panthers came into existence, I had interest in them as the local team, but there was never really anything to make me become a full fledged fan until we drafted Julius Peppers.  As a huge UNC fan, the drafting of Peppers made me fully commit as a Panthers fan.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Having grown up in Grenville, SC, there was really only 1 team that was close enough to call a local team, and that was the Falcons. I refused to pull for them, because I never liked them. When the Panthers were announced, I immediately became a fan. I went to the games in Clemson, and still have my ticket stub from the first victory over the Jets. 

I will be a fan until the end, and even though I now live in another country, my allegiance remains strong. I watch every Sunday on the internet, and keep up to date mainly through the nice folks (??) here on The Huddle.

I joined The Huddle back when it first started after reading about it on the old Observer boards and on the old Panthers.com boards (what a mess that was). And I have never looked back. The Huddle was the best things to ever happen to a Panthers fan.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

As a kid the thought of liking an expansion team appealed to me. I wanted to follow a team right from the start or atleast a team that hadn't won anything (Angels/MLB). So when I was 7 and the Panthers and Jags came into the league I took my pick and have never looked back. I chose the Panthers over Jags because of the jerseys and logo. I was 7 what else would I have based it off of.

Living in Canada they didn't show many panthers games. At 7 I didn't know how to watch so I spent many Sunday afternoons following panthers games on the ticker at the bottom of the screen, it freaking sucked.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Rams left town. Fug them. Followed my favorite player to Carolina, the rest as they say is history.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I thought being a Panther fan was an easy way to pick up babes.

Yo baby I like Panthers and poof panties on the ground.
7 people like this

Posted · Report post

I thought being a Panther fan was an easy way to pick up babes.

Yo baby I like Panthers and poof panties on the ground.

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I honestly picked them cause they were the close NFL team to me and I liked the jerseys and Steve Smith was Chuck Norris with a football in his hands to me.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I went to BOA Stadium in kindergarten, and after their super bowl run Ive been a fan.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Growing up in a town where everyone pulled for the local NFL team and moving far away from that town & team made it easy to get with the Panthers. I knew what it was to closely follow the local team. And to do it from the beginning, as I had with the Bills, was awesome. I was always a fan of the NFL, it was an easy choice.

Finding a replacement NHL team has been harder.