Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

Tell your story.

#2 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

I was always a casual NFL fan before the Panthers.  I just enjoyed watching high level football and had favorite players, but not really favorite teams.  Once the Panthers came into existence, I had interest in them as the local team, but there was never really anything to make me become a full fledged fan until we drafted Julius Peppers.  As a huge UNC fan, the drafting of Peppers made me fully commit as a Panthers fan.

#3 sharkkiller

sharkkiller

Inconceivable

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,476 posts
  • LocationSanto Domingo

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

Having grown up in Grenville, SC, there was really only 1 team that was close enough to call a local team, and that was the Falcons. I refused to pull for them, because I never liked them. When the Panthers were announced, I immediately became a fan. I went to the games in Clemson, and still have my ticket stub from the first victory over the Jets. 

I will be a fan until the end, and even though I now live in another country, my allegiance remains strong. I watch every Sunday on the internet, and keep up to date mainly through the nice folks (??) here on The Huddle.

I joined The Huddle back when it first started after reading about it on the old Observer boards and on the old Panthers.com boards (what a mess that was). And I have never looked back. The Huddle was the best things to ever happen to a Panthers fan.

#4 Dex

Dex

Knight of Sunlight

• HUDDLER
  • 6,683 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

Simply my whole family was Jets, Giants or Pats. My best friend and I had two favorite players in 05. Julius Peppers and Steve Smith. We decided to be 100% Panther fans and said fug you to both our families. The end.

#5 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,398 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

As a kid the thought of liking an expansion team appealed to me. I wanted to follow a team right from the start or atleast a team that hadn't won anything (Angels/MLB). So when I was 7 and the Panthers and Jags came into the league I took my pick and have never looked back. I chose the Panthers over Jags because of the jerseys and logo. I was 7 what else would I have based it off of.

Living in Canada they didn't show many panthers games. At 7 I didn't know how to watch so I spent many Sunday afternoons following panthers games on the ticker at the bottom of the screen, it freaking sucked.

#6 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

_RUN FOZZY RUN_

• HUDDLER
  • 17,318 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

Rams left town. Fug them. Followed my favorite player to Carolina, the rest as they say is history.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#7 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,073 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

I thought being a Panther fan was an easy way to pick up babes.

Yo baby I like Panthers and poof panties on the ground.

#8 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

I thought being a Panther fan was an easy way to pick up babes.

Yo baby I like Panthers and poof panties on the ground.

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

#9 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

I honestly picked them cause they were the close NFL team to me and I liked the jerseys and Steve Smith was Chuck Norris with a football in his hands to me.

Edited by PantherWake, 25 July 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#10 0115

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

I went to BOA Stadium in kindergarten, and after their super bowl run Ive been a fan.

#11 GRWatcher

GRWatcher

visiting from Kepler-186f

• HUDDLER
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationStatesville

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

Growing up in a town where everyone pulled for the local NFL team and moving far away from that town & team made it easy to get with the Panthers. I knew what it was to closely follow the local team. And to do it from the beginning, as I had with the Bills, was awesome. I was always a fan of the NFL, it was an easy choice.

Finding a replacement NHL team has been harder.

Edited by GRWatcher, 25 July 2014 - 05:08 PM.

#12 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,243 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

Because I literally hate every other fan base

Sent from my iPhizzle while pooping using CarolinaHizzle

#13 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,733 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

Pretty heart warming story.

I was in first grade, and I was a good boy. I build up enough good boy points or whatever to pick out of the prize bin. Well, there was a blue football pillow with a black cat on it, so I picked it out. It was awesome! Soft enough to play with in the house and rough house with. That year my dad was watching the NFC championship game and I noticed that the cat on my ball was on TV, with it also on the uniforms on the white team. I watched that team win in overtime with a game winning TD pass to Steve Smith. That's when I became a fan.

It was meant to be, I still have that ball and it means a hell of a lot to me.

Edited by The Huddler, 25 July 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#14 PFFC

PFFC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationTorrance, California

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

Rams left town. Fug them! Couldn't just start rooting for an existing team, hated them all. Got lucky that two new teams entered the league. Got lucky I chose the right one to adopt. Imagine, I was this close to being a Jaguar fan....(shudder).

...And now for something completely different!

#15 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

And god sayeth unto the land a JR shall bring forth a group of warriors that will be called the Panthers. Thou shalt root for them. root root root for the home team sayeth The Lord and it was so.

This message is brought to you by The Best Huddle App ever made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com