#31 FearTheCats

FearTheCats

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

I see the Rams making the playoffs and the 9ers sitting at home this year.

Agreed. The Niners are a fragile team. If they struggle early on in the season they could be in for a long year. The Rams on the other hand have a nasty defense and if Bradford comes back healthy than they can do some damage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#32 shelbypanther

shelbypanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

Niners have 4 of their last 6 at home, and one of the road games is a short trip across the bay to Oakland.  The league bent over backwards right there.

#33 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,985 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:18 PM

Sam Bradford is the Mark Prior of the NFL.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#34 Yaboychris28

Yaboychris28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

I think I'm the only person not buying into the Rams. Bradford hasn't been healthy since HighSchool.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#35 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,350 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:37 PM

i see this season as either one way or the other no in-between, either last year was a fluke or we show the league were the real deal

Edited by Cpt slay a ho, 30 July 2014 - 11:16 PM.

#36 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

If we crack 10 wins, I will be a happy fugger.

#37 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:41 AM

I totally agree with you but want your thoughts on a theory. Do you think the "Oh, we lost (insert name) and I don't think we can replace him" comments are emotional mainly due to people tying a 12 win season with these guys rather then tying it to the system we have in place? I for one think the WR corp is better this year and the secondary is on par with last year. Mitchell was great here but I think he thrived in the system. Why can't the new guys (who happen to be pro bowlers) produce in a similar manner?

To me the main worry is at LT. This is a competent team with a good mix of veterans and several strong young talented players.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Our fans are not used to a successful system being in place.  Rivera, Proehl, WIlks, and Mcdermott have all had great success.  Rivera and Wilks have been putting together top five defenses with stout defensive backfields for years.  Proehl had his complex, and now that he is a coach has helped turn at least one career around(Ginn).  Underwood was quoted as saying he could see how a receiver could ramp up production under Proehl.  Mcdermott has gained footing since being under the tutelage of Rivera.  I truly believe that if you are coachable and have talent, you can succeed in our system.  The proof is in guys like White, Addison, Klien, and Lester.  They all were major contributors in year one.  They were hardly ever out of place.  When Lester got burnt on Tuesday, Wilks pulled him to the side immediately.  Its just great coaching that we are not used to in Carolina.  Accountability and opportunity rules here.  Rivera and Gettleman have players on edge just enough.  Rivera will sit you down for mistakes, and Gettleman has been consistently bringing in talent to compete except for tackle.  Just wait until he gets some money.  Every hole cannot be filled in two years.  Its going to be on like Donkus Kong.

Edited by Who Said What?, 31 July 2014 - 12:42 AM.

#38 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,679 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:26 AM

13-3, division champs

we'll have 10 wins by the end of November

#39 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

I still think we can go 5-0 to start

#40 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

Brees (SB winner)
Ryan (comic relief, not really)
Stafford (better than average)
Rapelesburger (SB winner)
Flacco (SB winner)
Cutler (better than average)
Dalton (arguably better than Ryan)
Rodgers (SB winner)
Wilson (SB winner)
Foles (better than average)
Bridgewater/Manziel (two rookies, both can't be busts can they?)

Playing against an SB winning QB in 6 of 16 games. Far from chopped liver.

I feel this is misleading because the only two game changing QBs on this list are Rodgers and Wilson. The rest rely on there team mates to bail them out. Still if you want to be pessimistic be my guest.

#41 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

Niners have 4 of their last 6 at home, and one of the road games is a short trip across the bay to Oakland. The league bent over backwards right there.

For whatever reason the NFL likes for the 9ers to win. We saw that in the playoffs, its like when Payton Manning comes to play he brings his own refs with him.

#42 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

This schedule is tougher then uou think.If we dont bring our A game every week it could get ugly...facing some very good teams....hope for the best.

#43 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

Couple big things to look at this year.

The Falcons will have some hurt feelings, we were really healthy last season, our schedule is much harder, and we have an entirely new WR corps on an offense that had trouble scoring last season.

I would be happy as hell with 10 W's this year.

#44 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

I totally agree with you but want your thoughts on a theory. Do you think the "Oh, we lost (insert name) and I don't think we can replace him" comments are emotional mainly due to people tying a 12 win season with these guys rather then tying it to the system we have in place? I for one think the WR corp is better this year and the secondary is on par with last year. Mitchell was great here but I think he thrived in the system. Why can't the new guys (who happen to be pro bowlers) produce in a similar manner?

To me the main worry is at LT. This is a competent team with a good mix of veterans and several strong young talented players.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

I agree. I loved Mitchell and Ginn out there, but no one player is that difficult to be replaced - except of course a franchise QB.

LT is the biggest question mark, but they may actually be okay there. There will be a drop off, but perhaps not as much as we all fear. 

Although, they lose some athleticism (speed), the receiving corp could potentially be markedly better than last season in a) the red zone, B) with fewer drops, c) winning the 50/50 balls and d) bigger targets with larger catching radii. 

And what can not be understated from the past two seasons is the incredibly mediocre-to-poor play of the guards, particularly the right guard. If those guys can stay healthy, everything improves - running game, passing game/play action, goal line, everything. 

#45 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,654 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:12 AM

Guys, when you say youd be happy with 10 wins. . . well, wouldnt that be obvious? I would call you an ungrateful fool if you werent happy and we were heading into the playoffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com