• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#16 Blackmagic

Blackmagic

• ALL-PRO
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

But did Rivera not say that they would treat Chiefs game as their third preseason game because of the short turnaround against New England?

#17 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

Also, did anyone else feel like they were really trying to prove a point by throwing to Lafell so often?  I feel like they were going out of their way trying to get him catches often forcing the ball into coverage.

I got caught watching the game from a Boston telecast and it was humorous to watch possibly the most homer point of views I've ever witnessed from broadcasters, and everyone involved...

They continuously tried to pump up Brandon LaFell after each target that bounced off his head...  

#18 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,452 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

But did Rivera not say that they would treat Chiefs game as their third preseason game because of the short turnaround against New England?

Yes he did.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#19 caatfan

caatfan

full of it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

In a game that doesn't matter to you, when it is 3rd and short, do you run a QB sneak risking injury to your aging franchise QB or do you let your fullback get some practice at short yardage?

Bill's answer.....

Panthers-Pats-24.jpg

This says, better than anything, that 'no game plan/no revenge' = lying out my ass. 

#20 Jeremy Igo

Jeremy Igo

Administrator

• MFCEO
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:00 AM

Yes he did.

And Greg Olsen said so this week on the radio as well.

#21 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,452 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

And Greg Olsen said so this week on the radio as well.

yup

But don't tell the rest of the NFCS. They think we completely tanked under pressure in our dress rehearsal.

Edited by Alverez, 23 August 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#22 DecrypticShadow

DecrypticShadow

The Sarcastic A**hole Your Mother Warned You About

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

I plead the 5th.

vtVhCq1.png

#23 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,582 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

I would love to know what Bill was really thinking when that 3rd down pass bounced right off LaFell's numbers. As he knew the Panthers bench at that exact moment had a collective "that's why he's no longer here" thought.

My conspiracy theory: when Brady went out for Mallet, he must of lobbied to Bill that they really wanted the win and went back in.

#24 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,750 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

I didn't watch the game but I knew Bill wanted to send a message against us for last year. He's the type to hold a grudge for several decades.

#25 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

"Is this a regular season game?" I asked Kelli Bartik mid way through the first quarter. "Sure feels like it" she replied. It wasn't just my imagination.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I always thought Mixon was terrible until I heard her rumblin', bumblin' and stumblin' through sentences..... and she looks horrible on TV. What is it with the bargain basement broadcast teams the Panthers hire?

"After the game, New England Coach Bill Belichick denied game planning for this game. ''There's no game plan,'' Belichick said. ''We can't game plan for 90 guys. We can barely get it right when we have 46. That's just not what this game is.''

Is that why NFL Network showed a piece of the Head Coach & QB meeting that took place early in the week to install the game plan?

#26 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,333 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

I had a bad feeling all week when I read how the Patriots were treating the game and knowing we were not treating it the same way. I steeled myself for a poor performance and wasn't surprised to see it. If anything, I was pleasantly surprised with KB and the defense until Kuechly left.

I'm over it now, though. We could have won 30-7 and it still would be meaningless overall.

Edited by fieryprophet, 23 August 2014 - 06:25 PM.

#27 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

yup

But don't tell the rest of the NFCS. They think we completely tanked under pressure in our dress rehearsal.

I hope they think that. It'll be more hilarious when we win and they say "Well it was just the preseason."

#28 Bostonpats

Bostonpats

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

I know this is tough for Carolina fans to believe, but the truth is, Bill really does not give a poo about the Panthers vs. other teams in the preseason.  

This was not the Patriots getting all amped up, it was the Patriots executing.  The Patriots defense is not the Panthers, but they were quite solid before losing 6 starters.  They are now healthy and should be in the top 10, not the best, but if Gronk is back healthy, the Patriots will have an top 5 offense once again.   Its preseason but its ok to give credit where credit is due, Patriots were the far superior team....not because the Panthers beat themselves.

Carolina had a nice season last year, now try doing that more than 1 year.  By the way, Lafell is going to be the #4 receiver at best and #5 target overall.  Carolina has no real receivers, only a good TE in Olsen.  Make the playoffs a few years, have a winning season more than 1 year in a row before crowing about how great the team is.  

#29 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,333 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

I know this is tough for Carolina fans to believe, but the truth is, Bill really does not give a poo about the Panthers vs. other teams in the preseason.  

This was not the Patriots getting all amped up, it was the Patriots executing.  The Patriots defense is not the Panthers, but they were quite solid before losing 6 starters.  They are now healthy and should be in the top 10, not the best, but if Gronk is back healthy, the Patriots will have an top 5 offense once again.   Its preseason but its ok to give credit where credit is due, Patriots were the far superior team....not because the Panthers beat themselves.

Carolina had a nice season last year, now try doing that more than 1 year.  By the way, Lafell is going to be the #4 receiver at best and #5 target overall.  Carolina has no real receivers, only a good TE in Olsen.  Make the playoffs a few years, have a winning season more than 1 year in a row before crowing about how great the team is.  

Are you actually reading what people here actually post or do you assume because we don't all fall down and immediately fellate your shittastic team that we're trying to pretend the game never happened? Get a clue, get the f*ck off our board, and shut the hell up.

#30 Jeremy Igo

Jeremy Igo

Administrator

• MFCEO
  • 3,838 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:35 AM

I know this is tough for Carolina fans to believe, but the truth is, Bill really does not give a shit about the Panthers vs. other teams in the preseason. 

All evidence to the contrary. This was a grudge match, plain and simple.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com