Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pittsburgh TD against Ravens

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I didn't see another thread on this...

What do you guys think? Was it a TD? Did the ref make the right call after the review?

Posted · Report post

idk if the ball has to break the plane if the reciever has 2 feet in the endzone, but he clearly did. its too bad though. pittburg is the last team i want to see in the superbowl if we make it...

Posted · Report post

It's my understanding that the ball has to break the plane regardless... which I though it did, so I actually thought he made the right call in the end even if he didn't get the explanation or actual rule right.

Posted · Report post

instant replay is a mess, they need to get rid of it OR change it so the call on the field is void and the official call is the instant replay so they dont have to have undisputable evidence.

Posted · Report post

By rule, the call was garbage. The call on the field was that he was short of the goal line. The referee would have had to have seen indisputable evidence that the receiver had possession of the ball when the ball was across the plane.

Should it have been a touchdown? Probably. His feet were in the end-zone, and the NFL rules are pretty stupid at times. However, according to the rule book, it should have been ruled 4th and Goal just a couple of inches out.

Should Baltimore fans be outraged? Maybe at the fact that their offense only managed to put 9 points on the board. Maybe at the fact that their defensive coordinator has no idea what he's doing in a 2:00 minute drill. But at the referees? No. Tough call, but they lost that game on their own.

Posted · Report post

[

Maybe at the fact that their defensive coordinator has no idea what he's doing in a 2:00 minute drill.

Are you saying that Rex Ryan doesnt know how to call a defensive game? Come on, he had his best cornerback out for that series, and his best pass rusher in T. Suggs got hurt as well. Pittsburg didnt do poo until that last drive, and yes, I know thats when it mattered, but to call out Rex Ryan is a joke, the guy has a defense that is top 3 every year.

As far as the call, it was BS! The call on the field is 4th and inches, there was no eveidence what-so-ever that the ball crossed the line. Replay refs are terrible, I just wonder what really goes on., I just dont see how a ref, who can watch it over and over, can come up with poo like that?

Posted · Report post

Coleman's idiocy in spotting the ball was just amazing.

Earlier in the game, there was a 3rd down run by PIT stopped short of the 30 (1st down marker) .... the Steelers challenged, from replay it looked like he barely crossed the 29 ... Coleman comes out of the hood and spots the ball at the 30.

Posted · Report post

I think the call on the field should have been upheld. And if it had been called a TD, then that call should have been upheld also. Indisputable evidence, there wasn't enough to go either way. But, I guess the NFL cheats for certain teams and there is no way around that fact. I used to not think that, but you see it so much now, that what other reason is there?

Posted · Report post

I think the call on the field should have been upheld. And if it had been called a TD, then that call should have been upheld also. Indisputable evidence, there wasn't enough to go either way. But, I guess the NFL cheats for certain teams and there is no way around that fact. I used to not think that, but you see it so much now, that what other reason is there?

I totally agree with you

Posted · Report post

pittburg is the last team i want to see in the superbowl if we make it...

I have foreseen this already. Jerry Richardson will get a superbowl win over a long time friend.

Posted · Report post

oh. and i'll be able to talk smack all through the office and state

Posted · Report post

Coleman's idiocy in spotting the ball was just amazing.

Earlier in the game, there was a 3rd down run by PIT stopped short of the 30 (1st down marker) .... the Steelers challenged, from replay it looked like he barely crossed the 29 ... Coleman comes out of the hood and spots the ball at the 30.

That call was critical as well, changes the game with Pittsburg not getting that first dwon, they dont get the field goal. Disgusting, but the NFL loves Pittsburg and Dallas, with huge fan bases, they want both these teams to be in the playoffs, its become a joke.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments