Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I hope UK fans enjoy the 2009-2010 season

37 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Kansas had an ineligible player (at least, until the NCAA let them fix things up a little bit). Darrell Arthur.

Obviously it wasn't a big enough deal to make them vacate the final four and national championship.

Posted · Report post

Obviously it wasn't a big enough deal to make them vacate the final four and national championship.

And why is that? Hmmm, let me think.

Posted · Report post

Ok, and from that same list, which is the only coach to have FF vacated from two different schools.

I'm really not trying to start a fight but facts are facts. UK was so desperate to be relevant again that they made a deal with the devil. Whether UK fans want to admit it or not as long as Cal is in Lexington there will always be questions surrounding your program or as I like to call it, "the eternal black cloud that is John Calipari".

I refuse to argue with you as long as you have her in your avatar. Remove her and I shall eviscerate thee.

Posted · Report post

final ruling for the darrell aurthur mix up.

http://www.dallasisd.org/inside_disd/calendardata/news_releases/1235425993.html

The legal review also examined the issue of whether certain student-athletes properly earned course credit to enable them to graduate. The report indicates that, because of widespread misunderstanding of district policies, students who graduated years ago should not be deprived of course credit on their transcripts.

the ncaa never got involved.

Posted · Report post

I refuse to argue with you as long as you have her in your avatar. Remove her and I shall eviscerate thee.

Why is she keeping you from "eviscerating"? What do you have against her?

Posted · Report post

I was saying she's too cute. I can't argue with you while looking at her.

By the way, here is how I feel about it all....

http://www.hoopsreport.com/news/collegenews/conspiracytheorythetruthbehindthememphisallegations

Haha, I can appreciate that but I'm not taking her off.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand. Let me start by saying this, I know UK fans have defend Cal because he's your guy and we as sports fans always, always defend our players/coaches no matter what. The problem is your defending a guy that is nearly undefendable and everyone outside of big blue nation knows it. Also, don't think for a second that your guy Brett Blevins, aurthor of the article you linked, has any less of an agenda than the people he's calling out. He is from Kentucky and for all I know went to UK. I mean come on, anyone who refers to World Wide Wes as "Mr. Wes" is obviously a friend of his and has a distorted view of things.

Posted · Report post

Vacatapari

GO GET EM PAT FORDE

Posted · Report post

Pat Forde is a bud of Rick Pitino's, and has been since he was at Kentucky. When Pitino was at UK, Forde helped get U of L in trouble. The two are writing a book together.

Pitino HATES Calipari. (and vice versa)

Pitino is under the national spotlight for his scandal with that woman.

Forde, who remained silent throughout that whole ordeal, goes on the attack when Memphis has its problems. Did Calipari do anything as bad as screwing around on his wife, then paying for his mistress' abortion? No. Worst case scenario, he helped Derrick Rose skirt the SAT requirement so that he could make millions of dollars sooner rather than later. Cheating? If he did that, yes. But blame the silly one-and-done rule instituted by the NCAA/NBA. How many of those kids do YOU think are going to study in that first year? How much studying did you do as a freshman?

If you want the real dirtbag here, look 75 miles west of Lexington. I guarantee you every ounce of dirt Forde "has" on Calipari came directly from Pitino.

Calipari has enemies because he takes at risk kids. Was John Thompson a scumbag? Was John Chaney? :P

Posted · Report post

:lol: at unicar and his "know for a fact"... Easy there internet savant.

Posted · Report post

Pat Forde is a bud of Rick Pitino's, and has been since he was at Kentucky. When Pitino was at UK, Forde helped get U of L in trouble. The two are writing a book together.

Pitino HATES Calipari. (and vice versa)

Pitino is under the national spotlight for his scandal with that woman.

Forde, who remained silent throughout that whole ordeal, goes on the attack when Memphis has its problems. Did Calipari do anything as bad as screwing around on his wife, then paying for his mistress' abortion? No. Worst case scenario, he helped Derrick Rose skirt the SAT requirement so that he could make millions of dollars sooner rather than later. Cheating? If he did that, yes. But blame the silly one-and-done rule instituted by the NCAA/NBA. How many of those kids do YOU think are going to study in that first year? How much studying did you do as a freshman?

If you want the real dirtbag here, look 75 miles west of Lexington. I guarantee you every ounce of dirt Forde "has" on Calipari came directly from Pitino.

Calipari has enemies because he takes at risk kids. Was John Thompson a scumbag? Was John Chaney? :P

Can't disagree with much of anything of this. My point was simply, don't think the article you linked wasn't written with an agenda as well.

Posted · Report post

Can anyone explain this to me...

Marcus Camby gets an agent. Calipari turns this info into the NCAA and the NCAA proceeds to strip UMass of its only Final Four appearance.

Corey Maggette gets an agent. Coach K doesn't turn this in. Duke does a great cover up job. NCAA says this case is "still pending" 10 years later. Duke loses no scholarships, wins....anything.