58 replies to this topic

#46 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:18 PM

Jake not throwing to Smitty is like asking Voltron not to use the blazing sword... Yeah he could probably kill the monsters with other stuff...but the blazing sword works so good why bother?

#47 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,272 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:35 PM

Delhomme knows when not to go to Smith, I dont think he forces the ball to him so therefor I believe that doesnt show a dependency. Yea other players can contribute more, but we dont pass much to begin with, so when we do, get it to our boy!

#48 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,112 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:45 PM

Hard not to be dependent on a 4 time probowler who can go up and out play a defender for the ball like he did with Charles Woodson. Wish we had another receiver just like him so Jake could become co-dependent.:biggrin5:

#49 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg/Greenville

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:59 PM

90% locked in on Smith? That's just hyperbole.

are you serious?

#50 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:04 AM

We could depend on smith more if our frickin running backs would quit getting so damn many touchdowns.

#51 SCpanther

SCpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:18 AM

As long as he doesn't get too crazy throwing it into coverage, I don't see what the problem is. Smith is still the number one weapon in our offense, and as such, he needs to touch the ball as often as possible.

#52 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:30 AM

are you serious?

About what?

#53 Scutty

Scutty

Huddle Kiwi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

If Jake does show signs of being dependant on Smith then it's at the peril of opposition defences. If D's tighten up/double team Smith stands to reason there will be someone with not quite the same attention being payed to them ergo sooner or later Jake will hit that target instead of his dependant target

#54 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:29 AM

I dont know why we dont get him the ball more. It seems like until the past 2 weeks we've almost completely ditched the quick screen pass to Smitty. We lived and died off that play in 2005 and it got us to the NFC championship game. Now that we have a balanced rushing attack (a very good one at that), we should be slipping this in there more than we do. Luckily we've done this the past couple of weeks and it's gotten a first down almost everytime.

The play was abused in 2005 because they had no run game, THAT was their run game basically. I also believe that it is always an option on any run play when Jake sees the CB playing off Smitty. When you have a great run game you don't have to try to "manufacture" one that way. But I'm not disagreeing that it is fine to use more sometimes.

#55 The Answer

The Answer

Don't panic, it's organic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:20 AM

when did Jones get any catches?

#56 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg/Greenville

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:06 AM

when did Jones get any catches?

Mark Jones? In the first game against Tampa a couple weeks ago he had a big catch.

#57 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,965 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:22 AM

Delhomme needs to go through his progressions more. 90$ of the time he is just locked on Smith.

Smith has only caught about 35% of Jake's completions this year, so I think you are exaggerating a bit.

#58 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,050 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:27 AM

I just saw Sunday Jake reading his progressions and making big time passes to Moose and Jarrett. Did you not see the game?

ding ding ding

#59 panthers2u

panthers2u

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 09:35 AM

We could depend on smith more if our frickin running backs would quit getting so damn many touchdowns.

It's gets old. I want Smith to get more passes but Moose shows up and starts getting some of the action...and Williams and Stewart act like they can't get enough rushing yards...everybody wants in on the action...

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.