• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:43 PM

What a horrendous game. NC State was lucky to even be in the game, and South Carolina was lucky State didn't steal it from them.

But you have got to feel bad for Russell Wilson. I counted 3 times that he had TD balls dropped, with 2 of those on the last drive. It also seemed like none of our receivers could catch the ball if they were more than 10 yards down field. It was a horrible game for all of our receivers.

One of the few bright spots I saw for State though was James Washington. They need to get this kid more touches. On his 2 carries he seemed extremely quick and explosive, something neither Toney Baker nor Jamelle Eugene looked like.

I'm also not one to usually complain about officials, but this game was not officiated very good I thought. The epitome of how bad this game was officiated came on State's big punt return where they had the no-call on the facemask. I'm sorry, but they had to have not been paying attention to miss something so obvious as that.

That being said, in no way am I blaming this loss on the refs. State shouldn't have even been in this game to begin with. South Carolina just outplayed us in every facet of the game, but just had trouble getting on the board.

Good game Gamecocks, and good luck with the rest of your season.

#17 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:19 AM

I shouldn't expect anything less from a couple of UNC fans than a cheap shot because Garcia missed one pass and threw an INT. He also made a pretty clutch throw to seal the game at the end and he scrambles a hell of a lot better than probably any pocket passer in the ACC.

Both teams missed opportunities but I think it would be difficult to say that they missed out on a lot more plays than we did considering we dropped 2 TD passes..

and leave it to you to completely take it that way....I have talked to numerous people friends that are fans and alum from South Carolina and they all said the same thing....Hell even that last pass to seal the game was almost overthrown, I give credit more to the WR for even hanging on to the ball. Maybe I over exaggerated with the whole worst QB thing, but he did look bad

Hell even Spurrier wasn't too happy with Garcia throughout the game....I think if he would have had any other QB with any experience you might have seen Garcia benched in the 2nd half.

About the refs, they were not great and were horrendous for missing that facemask....kid almost got his head ripped off, and could have setup you guys up nicely for a TD.

#18 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,710 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:51 AM

I have seen CSPAN shows that were more engaging than that game.
BUT..I will take the W all day long.
UGA is prolly going to destroy us now.

#19 Acewalker

Acewalker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:14 AM

That was one boring game to be at. And our student section was retarded, perhaps it's all the new freshman or something..

Oh by the way, did anyone else notice that SC tight end kick one of our players after the play while the NC state player was on the ground? What the balls.

Man, someone needs to get pissed on our team, that was embarrassing.

#20 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

and leave it to you to completely take it that way....I have talked to numerous people friends that are fans and alum from South Carolina and they all said the same thing....Hell even that last pass to seal the game was almost overthrown, I give credit more to the WR for even hanging on to the ball. Maybe I over exaggerated with the whole worst QB thing, but he did look bad

Hell even Spurrier wasn't too happy with Garcia throughout the game....I think if he would have had any other QB with any experience you might have seen Garcia benched in the 2nd half.

About the refs, they were not great and were horrendous for missing that facemask....kid almost got his head ripped off, and could have setup you guys up nicely for a TD.

Look when you come on a thread that has nothing to do with your team's game and make a comment about how bad the other team sucked even tho they still beat us...I'm not going to take that as a compliment. Our defense played well and to tell you the truth if we get after the QB like that every game and improve our tackling we will be able to win every game we have left. I thought we would go 9-3 this season with a win against SC so now I am predicting 8-4.

There was nothing good about either team's offense. We were lucky they weren't up by 14-17 in the first half and they were lucky we didn't win it in the second half. But if I'm taking anything positive away from this game its that our defense is better than previously advertised...

#21 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:06 AM

Sad thing is Garcia was the #1 ranked dual threat QB coming out of Tampa. He still doesn't have it upstairs which is weird cuz the rest of his family are all smart and with it. Bring back Todd Ellis!!

#22 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:14 AM

Look when you come on a thread that has nothing to do with your team's game and make a comment about how bad the other team sucked even tho they still beat us...I'm not going to take that as a compliment. Our defense played well and to tell you the truth if we get after the QB like that every game and improve our tackling we will be able to win every game we have left. I thought we would go 9-3 this season with a win against SC so now I am predicting 8-4.

There was nothing good about either team's offense. We were lucky they weren't up by 14-17 in the first half and they were lucky we didn't win it in the second half. But if I'm taking anything positive away from this game its that our defense is better than previously advertised...

wow...sorry, I will leave it be and let you get your panties out of a wad....I guess I will direct my comments only to Scrum and his love for the Cocks

#23 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:19 AM

You can't beat our Cocks.

#24 WolfPack

WolfPack

Sip it Grip it and Rip it

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:20 AM

Yeah, that was an ugly, ugly game. Doesn't give me much confidence for either team going into the rest of the season, I'll tell you that.

#25 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:22 AM

You can't beat our Cocks.

no, no sadly that is true....Too bad they don't get another chance this season:mad:

#26 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:35 AM

I have quite a Cock wardrobe, as well as a Beaver section in there as well. Cocks and Beavers...Cocks and Beavers.

#27 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,891 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:28 PM

With the Panthers game on mostly at the same time, I assumed I would have some kind of decent entertainment last night. I am now making my claim that I want those 3+ hours of my life back.

#28 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:07 PM

How many posts have you made in the Tar Heel football section about how bad our team is? Irony at it's finest. Hell, we weren't even talking trash. If you really want to to see some folks trashing Wolfpack football, go check out Pack Pride. I saw some doozies over there.

I though this one was particularly funny...

I don't even feel like going to campus tomorrow. Actually, NC STATE is nothing but ******* dweebs from out of state/country who don't even know what a ******* football looks like... so I will be in the minority as a disappointed fan. ******* pathetic performance, ******* apathetic university, FML.

That's pretty hilarious coming from an NC State student, since you and Panthro are always bragging about how NC State is more of a football school that UNC is.:P

#29 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 10,083 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:08 PM

Oh my god you mean someone who is a fan of a team overreacts sometimes when they lose? Seriously, I cheer for UNC too, but to act like that's some sort of NC State phenomenon is BEYOND retarded.

#30 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

Oh my god you mean someone who is a fan of a team overreacts sometimes when they lose? Seriously, I cheer for UNC too, but to act like that's some sort of NC State phenomenon is BEYOND retarded.

Obviously, you missed the point. Of course fans overreact, but him and Panthro go on and on and on about how NC State is a better football school than UNC and how you can't be a real fan unless you went to the school. I'm just pointing out that, in reality, they have plenty of students who don't know or care about football just like UNC does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.