Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Acc blows!!!

43 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

After thinking about this long and hard I'm gonna go out on a limb and say. I don't think it matters that much about how we are perceived next to other conferences.

Unless you have national title aspirations OOC doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Lets be honest VaTech was the only team with a prayer and it was all but lost when Evans went down. Teams that win their respective divisions still go to prestigious bowls no matter what. The ACC Champ still gets to try to prove itself against a top 15 team in the Orange Bowl. It sucks to listen to the SEC and the Big 12 brag about their football but that is what they do...they freakin breed football players down there. Unless we are unreasonable fans or the once in a decade VaTech teams we aren't expecting national title runs. Most of us would be happy if our teams went 9-3 on a regular basis with a legit run every once in a while to be on the national stage...

I understand your point, and I guess it just sucks because out of all the sports football is the one I live and die for. I guess it is my own fault for choosing to be a fan of a school that is in a conference that concerns itself more with basketball than football. It sucks, because you have teams like Texas, LSU, Florida, UCLA, etc that can pretty much do it all pretty easy in regards with building a football, basketball, baseball program, etc.

Posted · Report post

it be better than once a decade without OC stinespring at VT. we have been close with nothing more than a defense and special teams alone. the marcus vick years were waisted, even if he was a lowlife punk. those years VT had more than enough tallent to win it, just a dumbass OC.

Posted · Report post

Definitely have to say the Big XII is better than the Pac 10. With the likes of Texas and Okie State. Also with Nebraska returning to national prominence, Kansas having a senior leader at QB in Reesing and Missouri appearing not to miss Chase Daniel too much. I don't think the Pac 10 will have much except for USC and Cal in the end.

ACC is definitely the weakest conference, in my opinion. I think it will end up like last year when every 1st place team in the ACC just loses to another ACC team every week.

Posted · Report post

I understand your point, and I guess it just sucks because out of all the sports football is the one I live and die for. I guess it is my own fault for choosing to be a fan of a school that is in a conference that concerns itself more with basketball than football. It sucks, because you have teams like Texas, LSU, Florida, UCLA, etc that can pretty much do it all pretty easy in regards with building a football, basketball, baseball program, etc.

All 4 of those schools that you mentioned are huge schools with a HUGE population around them. IMO there are probably 2 schools that are legitimate contenders every year in all 3 major sports. Those two schools are Texas and Florida. Florida didn't become a legit contender in basketball until probably 7 or 8 years ago. UCLA is not a contender for football, LSU is not a contender for basketball. So really...there isn't much to be down about since there are really only 2 schools that do it consistently in all 3 arenas. Cheer up buddy...your team did just win a national title in basketball last year remember?

Posted · Report post

All 4 of those schools that you mentioned are huge schools with a HUGE population around them. IMO there are probably 2 schools that are legitimate contenders every year in all 3 major sports. Those two schools are Texas and Florida. Florida didn't become a legit contender in basketball until probably 7 or 8 years ago. UCLA is not a contender for football, LSU is not a contender for basketball. So really...there isn't much to be down about since there are really only 2 schools that do it consistently in all 3 arenas. Cheer up buddy...your team did just win a national title in basketball last year remember?

They weren't a contender in football either until 1990. Their only SEC title prior to that was 1984, and that was vacated.

Posted · Report post

I think the main problem for the ACC was the two losses to FCS teams. Those are unacceptable under any circumstances. The VT loss was excusable (you just can't leave a defense out there that long, believe me, i know), State isn't horrible, but they're not good either, and playing the first game of the year in a game just as ugly as this one on national TV doesn't help the perspective of the conference.

Posted · Report post

The bottom line, is that it's way too early to judge the ACC. Heck, it's not that bad anyway, since we still have some pretty highly ranked teams at the top of the conference. Everybody has been saying that it would be more beneficial to have better teams at the top instead of having a bunch of mediocre teams all battling it out til the end of the season anyway. While we don't have a dominant team like Florida or USC, it certainly looks like we have some potential top 10 contenders in the mix. That's a start.

Posted · Report post

there is just no constancy with the ACC, while some people say we have potential top 10 teams in the ACC they go out and loose to an alright team like Clemson, who is very young. How in the hell do you blow a 24-0 lead and barely win at home

Posted · Report post

Coastal > Atlantic

Too early for the ACC to be judged yet this season.

The media like to paint us its whipping boy but who gives a poo what the media says anyway?

Posted · Report post

there is just no constancy with the ACC, while some people say we have potential top 10 teams in the ACC they go out and loose to an alright team like Clemson, who is very young. How in the hell do you blow a 24-0 lead and barely win at home

To me, that game actually said more about Clemson than it did about GT. Like maybe Clemson is a little better than their ranking suggests. I was impressed with the way they kept fighting after going down by 21 points. Some teams would have folded at that point.

Posted · Report post

We are Marshall! Time to take down the Hokies. :lol:

Posted · Report post

Props to Wake to come back and tieing the game up.