Photo
- - - - -

why we will beat the giants.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#61 Marc Anthony

Marc Anthony

FORUM VET

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:01 PM

G-Man save smack for the smack forum...or Mod's will give ya da boot...

#62 SpartanPanther89

SpartanPanther89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:16 PM

I agree Carolina will win but 30-13 is a bit too much.

I say 31-20 Carolina

#63 Keep dreaming

Keep dreaming

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:30 PM

set aside the (temporary) loss of jacobs, the loss of burress, not to mention all the drama revolving around it, and i would say this would be a very good match-up, considering the panthers play as of late. however, unfortunately for the new york football giants, that is not the case. we are witnessing a team in the midst of a downward spiral.

even if jacobs starts sunday night, i am very skeptical on how much of the panthers crushing defense he will be able to withstand before he re-injures his knee. now that burress is out of the picture, the giants passing game is crippled, and they no longer have any real, deep threats. sure they have toomer and smith, but they're both just mediocre to me. most of toomer's success has been a result of defensive coverage focused on burress.

we all know how drama revolving around a particular player can poison a team's locker room. i think "T.O." and "Ocho-Cinco" are living examples of that. despite burress' absence, i still think it is something that has and will continue to effect this team, at least through the remainder of the season.

i do not see the cowboys' win this past sunday as any evidence that they are on some sort of major uprising. the fact is, both teams played some of the ugliest football i have ever seen, and were not impressive in the least. the cowboys defense happened to take advantage of a lowly giants offense, handing the cowboy's offense a short field on numerous occasions. romo and manning were both pathetic.

anyways, as we all know, the giants are in a funk, and they will get out of it, just not in time for sunday night's game. i see them straightening up their act just in time for the playoffs. a lot of it will depend on a healthly jacobs. the loss of burress has permanently wounded their offense, and that's something theyre going to have to learn to overcome.

we are going to go into new york and crush the giants. we are a team of momentum. it is always this time of the year that we get hot, even during non-playoffs seasons. right now we are running on all cylinders, and i almost think that it's unfair the giants will be performing short-handed.

we all know the strengths of this team, so i dont have to go into what we are going to do to them. but i will say that eli will be running for dear life all evening.

overall, their lack of weapons and continuous negative momentum is what is hurting them right now.

i'm going to go ahead and predict the score...

CAR - 30
NYG - 13

i hope i didnt come off as too much of a homer :biggrin5:

Haha, you better believe I'll be back here come Monday to see how your prediction stands up. You're all delirious, I hope you know just because the media claims you as the best team, you're not. You're not a bad team, you're a very good team, I just want you to know that the giants were playing in 2 much less meaningful games the past 2 weeks as opposed to the Eagles and Cowboys who were both fighting to keep their chances alive. This game, well, it goes unsaid, we want it. You better believe TC will have our boys rallied for this game, man, I'm going to love posting here on Monday morning, haha.

Oh, by the way; Smith will have a HUGE game; yeah, #12.

#64 pantherpryd

pantherpryd

Prolific Panther Promoter

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:35 PM

Get real, check out the sig.

#65 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:38 PM

I have heard the worse excuses on this post from Giants fans. This is really pathetic, I bet you were booted from the Giants forum for being so bad that you had to come on here and sound lame. Not one oz. of football knowledge has even accidentally come out of your mouths. Seriously, you guys belong in the Smack Forum, go have fun beating each other with plastic sticks over there. This is for more educated football discussion.

#66 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:40 PM

The panthers will DESTROY the GIANT fine young maleS.

The giantfags are the team who made DEREK fuging ANDERSON LOOK LIKE TOM BRADY

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

#67 Masemob

Masemob

One among the fence

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:28 PM

great footballl????????????????????? against who the BRONCOS? with a 9th string running back? COME ON .....that is not great football. you guys almost lost to the raiders

Well, ok. Did you happen to look at the pass game? Cutler is 3rd in the league with passing yards with 24 TD's and close to a 90 QB rating (tops is 101.4) you can't tell me Marshall and Royal are some 9th string receivers either.

We held them each to only 48 yards receiving and Cutler only threw for 179.

We have consecutively beat 2 number one teams in their respective divisions 68-33.

On the topic of RB's Carolina has only allowed 3 of them to go 100 yards or more.

whos the retard in your picture chewing on the stick? is that you or your retarded son?

Have respect. If you want to talk smack about the team... whatever. Personal blows just show your pathetic immaturity.

#68 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:46 PM

God I miss the rep system. Slack-jawed fine young males locked in Smack in 10 minutes or your pizza is free.

#69 dinz

dinz

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:11 PM

G-Man save smack for the smack forum...or Mod's will give ya da boot...

give the boot? read what ur own fans are writing.. mr moderator..

#70 PanthersFanInGA

PanthersFanInGA

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:43 PM

Im not here to argue, but i had to register. you panthers fans are giving the giants 0 respect. why? give me a legit reason. the BROWNS LOSS????????? that was week 5. you want to count the loss to the eagles? who were fighting for their lives and the giants dropped 9 passes? or the cowboys loss? when their team was in turmoil giants had 6 players injured, and the cowboys were fighting for their lives in the last divisional game in their stadium ever. and the giants had the division locked up and were playing for nothing.. this is the game that counts

If the Browns, Cowboys, and Eagles beat yall, Carolina sure as hell can and I believe they will.

#71 janosha

janosha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:18 PM

:yawn: I need a jello shot, Bo.

#72 big blue lou

big blue lou

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:29 AM

hey Panther fans,

ain't no way your warm fair weather team is coming into the Lion's Den and beating the Giants, don't get we wrong, I respect the Panthers, I love Coach Fox, but lads this is our time, we are the champs not you, you haven't won on the road, and we only lost once at home, it will be close. Hey Venom, what are u smoking?

#73 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:10 PM

[quote name='big blue lou']but lads this is our time, we are the champs not you[/quote]

Uh....you were the champs last year. This year is going to be different. The only champs this year is whoever win the Superbowl.

[quote]you haven't won on the road[/quote]

Are you stupid? We have won 3 on the road. We beaten the Chargers, Packers, & Raiders.[/quote]

[quote]we only lost once at home, it will be close.

And we're 8-0 at home. It doesn't matter how many home games you lost or not. It all about which team show up & playing their best.

Edited by PantherDude, 21 December 2008 - 05:00 PM.

#74 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:34 PM

We can run the ball on the Giants, its definitely possible. I seen Dallas and Eagles do it

Giants D has problems with RB's who can move well. Throw screens, flats to DeAngelo and you will see him work

#75 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:38 PM

a little writeup for you guys:

In the biggest game Carolina has played in years, Carolina travels to New Yo...well, New Jersey to play the New York Giants for first place in the NFC and home field advantage. These are the games you train for, you work for, you live for. This game will be a battle of evenly matched, hard hitting run based teams, and the winner likely walks away with a big advantage.

Offense

The Giants' defense, under rising star defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, has been solid against the run this year. They're 6th in yards, 4th in points; they're 5th in rush yards and 10th in pass yards. However, the run stat is mildly deceiving, having been ahead in so many games and receiving third best in attempts; they give up 10th in per-play average, a much more average stat. Conversely, their pass defense looks worse because of attempts - they're sixth in net average against the pass.

Their defense is keyed off of MLB Antonio Pierce, captain and playcaller. Pierce never leaves the field and is their most vital piece. Fred Robbins, at NT, voted captain as well, is an under-rated force inside to allow the ends more leeway. A second alternate Pro Bowler, Robbins plays a lot of odd-front on the center and can be disruptive. Without him this past week, the Cowboys had huge broken runs inside. Across from him, Barry Cofield is an unassuming player, neither great against the run nor pass, that rotates in. Backup end Renaldo Wynn comes in for pass plays.

Jeff Otah should be commended for only giving up five sacks when he's still raw, but he draws a huge assignment this week. Justin Tuck will probably require help, having notched 12 sacks on the season. Tuck takes mostly outside routes to the QB, and if Otah has the awareness to notice, crossing back over on hump moves probably won't work. As well, while he's been consistent all year, half his sacks have come in six division games, and had 5 more against SF, STL, and AZ in routs. 70% of sacks have come in the second half. Tuck's outside paths give him good ability on contain, but he doesn't make many plays against the run (3 stuffs) despite his tackle numbers (60, 47 solo). New Pro Bowler Jordan Gross takes on Matthias Kiwanuka, new to end after being pushed to LB in the past. Kiwanuka has 8.5 sacks, three of which came against Pittsburgh, another 2.5 coming in two games against Dallas. Kiwanuka abuses larger left tackles, but most players that have a solid amount of quickness can contain him.

Free agent Danny Clark (6'3, 245) and undrafted 4th-year Chase Blackburn (6'3, 250) start strongside and weakside next to Pierce. Both are primarily run stoppers, but the overachieving Blackburn does play in the nickel.

Rookie Kenny Phillips worked his way into the lineup and has been a solid SS. Michael Johnson, a 2nd year, 7th rounder, is the FS. His lanky frame has picked off two passes, both against SF in a blowout. Neither get sucked into playaction too much, but both get inexperienced. Combo routes, spreading the defense out, and pump fakes could help.

Corey Webster and 2007 first rounder Aaron Ross are the starting corners. Webster has 3 INT and 21 PD, and Ross has 3 INT, 8 PD. Webster is adept at man technique coverage in zone, while Ross is physical and breaks on routes. Of the two, Webster is more likely to pull Steve Smith in coverage; Ross is more likely to take on Muhsin Muhammad. These are good matchups for the Giants, though Ross won't out-bump Muhammad and double routes will be beneficial if Carolina has time. Webster has enough speed to stay with most receivers, but may not for Smith. He'll probably have help over the top but both safeties are young. Ross will anticipate playing deeper on Muhammad, where he won't have help while the Giants roll toward Smith, so it's plausible to see the smoke route revised toward Muhammad a few times early to help move the chains.

Terrell Thomas is the nickel, having ousted Sam Madison, and the second round pick has contributed well. He doesn't make a lot of mistakes, but lacks the physicality or size to take on Dwayne Jarrett. The team does have an advantage in 3 WR, but they lose a bit of running prowess from that situation, so expect more outside running, dumps to the backs, or motion in passing situations. The team doesn't expect to be less than obvious in running situations, but draws can be used right against the Giants from the guard out since their ends take such wide stances.

The Giants don't have the LBs to pull a safety for a 4th LB the way that Denver and others have situationally tried. They have most of their DL talent on the field, and while they could bring Renaldo Wynn to stack a 5th DL in the game, they don't have much else. Teams have tried various things to counter our goal offenses and our power sets, but the Giants don't have a ton of options due to injury.

Carolina's going to need combo blocks to neutralize the middle of that Giants' D. Putting Ryan Kalil in a position to combo off Robbins and let the guards push him toward the sideline will be a big help, as will Brad Hoover's isolation blocks on the on-side OLBs. Expect a lot more two-tight end, and a fair bit of motion, as Carolina tries to manipulate the Giants' defensive front without spreading them. The Eagles used a lot of two tight end and max protect schemes to keep Donovan McNabb in the clear with enough time, and were able to outmuscle in the running game as well.

From those sets, the Eagles played a lot of small-ball, running and short passing to a high percentage of first downs. In that ideal, Carolina hasn't played as well in the short passing game of late, with some miscues with the TEs and not many balls going to the backs, but it's an effective strategy if they can make it happen, and Deangelo Williams has slowly built up 22 receptions to be the team's 3rd leading receiver. With the Giants' rush, and their expansive array of pressure schemes, it'll be a good time to bring out a few screen packages. And if the Giants will work on stopping Steve Smith first, the run and the short pass should be there.

As well, watch for more Smith in the slot and in motion. Dwayne Jarrett is a better split end than slot receiver, so other than setting up slants and stop routes, Jarrett will probably line up wide in 3 WR and let Smith go in motion to free up coverage a bit more. Look for a few setup tricks, possibly revolving around Smith, early on, and a weakside reverse to Smith from motion.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com