7 replies to this topic

#1 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:05 AM

Well it looks like they are better than expected, Harris looks like he might be the best QB the ACC has to offer. Defense still needs a little work, but much better than a lot of people thought they would be. Some people such as myself thought they would be 1-3 or 0-4 at the beginning.

#2 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:32 AM

Well it looks like they are better than expected, Harris looks like he might be the best QB the ACC has to offer. Defense still needs a little work, but much better than a lot of people thought they would be. Some people such as myself thought they would be 1-3 or 0-4 at the beginning.

To be honest, it surprises me that Harris turned out to be so solid. Miami's schedule is ridiculous. If they can win the next two games, we are going to be talking about in a sense of the BCS National Championship. There is a lot of work to be done, though.

#3 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:47 AM

thought someone was saying harris was good b/c the fsu d was a softball or something like that.

miami convinced me week 1. i am surprised gt has had issues on offense esp against basicly the same UM that they rolled through last year. miami's O so far, not surprised at all. they had the backs last year, and finally ditched marve and settled on a QB in harris. i am not sold harris is the best in the acc yet, as lets be honest, GT lost a ton up front and he had lanes and time to throw against the jackets. not ready to crown his ass yet, but he is definately going to be top 3 in the acc this year without a doubt.

at this point a fsu miami rematch in charlotte isnt out of the question imo. i am not sold on vt being able to go through the acc untouched even if they d beat the canes next week (and they have alot to prove just like UM the next 2 weeks).

i am not sold on miami's passing defense from last night, lets remember this is still nesbit back there attempting to pass.

#4 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:02 AM

thought someone was saying harris was good b/c the fsu d was a softball or something like that.

miami convinced me week 1. i am surprised gt has had issues on offense esp against basicly the same UM that they rolled through last year. miami's O so far, not surprised at all. they had the backs last year, and finally ditched marve and settled on a QB in harris. i am not sold harris is the best in the acc yet, as lets be honest, GT lost a ton up front and he had lanes and time to throw against the jackets. not ready to crown his ass yet, but he is definately going to be top 3 in the acc this year without a doubt.

at this point a fsu miami rematch in charlotte isnt out of the question imo. i am not sold on vt being able to go through the acc untouched even if they d beat the canes next week (and they have alot to prove just like UM the next 2 weeks).

i am not sold on miami's passing defense from last night, lets remember this is still nesbit back there attempting to pass.

If you watched the FSU game some of their coverages were "softballs." They had a freakin LB single covering Javaris James lined out wide. It was a matter of pitch and catch against FSU. He made some really good throws against GaTech. We will see how the he handles the pressure of being "the best QB in the ACC" which I feel like could be a BIT premature given that he has played just two games and he threw as many picks as he did TDs in the first game.

#5 Bobby

Bobby

Czar of Czars

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 12:04 PM

Off topic a bit. I understand the running QB thing, but someone should tell GT that the QB should be able to complete a pass too.

#6 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:35 PM

I'm not ready to anoint Miami as the ACC champs just yet. It seems to me that every time an opponent has extra time to prepare for GT's offense, they blow them out. It happened against Carolina last year, it happened in their bowl game last year, and it happened last night after Miami had 10 days to prepare for that game.

Miami does look good, but let's wait and see if they can keep it up.

#7 TyHillPanthers

TyHillPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

Let them take a trip to Blacksburg next week then play Oklahoma the next..then we will see. I think that GT and FSU are overrated, and its shown.

#8 Cpanthers5851

Cpanthers5851

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:24 PM

To be honest, it surprises me that Harris turned out to be so solid. Miami's schedule is ridiculous.

i agree with both things you said there.

i really dont think anyone thought Harris would turn out to be that solid.

and there schedule is gross. i was talking to a buddy of mine about how Miami is gonna be a good team, but there record might not show how good they are because of there schedule.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com