• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:26 PM

He set the record for most pass attempts without an INT while throwing for four TDs tonight. Looking forward to getting back against a real opponent next week against Pitt.

#2 Acewalker

Acewalker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:56 PM

Yeah, that was awesome. He got a nice ovation from the crowd there, but yeah, also looking forward to playing Pitt. These last 2 games haven't challenged us at all.

#3 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:18 AM

The only time this season they have played a legitimate team they kept him passing 3 yards down the field. Hard to throw an interception when you don't throw down field. It's a great record, but the way they use him makes it easier to get that record.

#4 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:25 AM

The only time this season they have played a legitimate team they kept him passing 3 yards down the field. Hard to throw an interception when you don't throw down field. It's a great record, but the way they use him makes it easier to get that record.

This streak started last year:

Against Miami - 220 yards 2 TDs
@ UNC - 280 yards 2 TDs
Duke - 220 yards 2 TDs
Maryland 190 yards 2 TDs

That is only a select few of his games. Like I said, we haven't played anyone the past few weeks but he was the best QB in the ACC last year. He regularly threw it 30 times a game. He's not Sam Bradford, but he throws it as much as any QB in the ACC and the passes that he makes are no different than any other QB. Not to mention we were somewhere around 11th in the league last year in rushing and were near the top in scoring offense at the end of the season. That has something to do with the QB...

#5 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:51 PM

I can't rip on him...I think RW is a hellava qb. Without him, the pack would probably be among the worst teams in the conference.

#6 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:35 PM

I can't rip on him...I think RW is a hellava qb. Without him, the pack would probably be among the worst teams in the conference.

Ever heard of a guy named Mike Glennon? He's supposed to be pretty good...

#7 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:53 AM

This streak started last year:

Against Miami - 220 yards 2 TDs
@ UNC - 280 yards 2 TDs
Duke - 220 yards 2 TDs
Maryland 190 yards 2 TDs

That is only a select few of his games. Like I said, we haven't played anyone the past few weeks but he was the best QB in the ACC last year. He regularly threw it 30 times a game. He's not Sam Bradford, but he throws it as much as any QB in the ACC and the passes that he makes are no different than any other QB. Not to mention we were somewhere around 11th in the league last year in rushing and were near the top in scoring offense at the end of the season. That has something to do with the QB...

I saw a breakdown of his passes on TV but now I cant find it. His completion percentage and number of passes over 15 yard drops off quite a bit. But I don't really watch State football so I can't make a valid point I guess.

#8 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:49 AM

Ever heard of a guy named Mike Glennon? He's supposed to be pretty good...

so was Shawn Glennon

Also, so was Mike Paulus

#9 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,642 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:10 AM

Just a heads up, that Stephen Garcia feller is starting to get it.

#10 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:22 AM

Just a heads up, that Stephen Garcia feller is starting to get it.

how to stay out of trouble?

#11 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,642 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:25 AM

I think someone told him he gets a case of beer for every TD.

#12 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:34 AM

so was Shawn Glennon

Also, so was Mike Paulus

Ask VaTech fans about their OC and I'm sure they would tell you that under a different OC, Glennon probably could have succeeded. Good college QBs are a product of their coaching and their athletic ability. Glennon has a rocket arm and one of the best OCs in the business.

As far as there being a drop off for Wilson when he throws it over 15 yards. That is the case for every QB in the nation and Wilson's receivers had a really bad case of the dropsies all through last year. It wasn't a reflection of his throwing ability.

#13 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

Congratulations to Wilson. Now let's see how he does against some real teams this year.

I'll believe that Mike Glennon is good when I see it though.

#14 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:18 PM

Ask VaTech fans about their OC and I'm sure they would tell you that under a different OC, Glennon probably could have succeeded.

god no sean wouldnt have. i remember the georgia game. wasnt the lines fault, wasnt OC, he constantly stares down wrs, or throws it to a spot regardless if a lb is standing right there. the best qb the 1st half was eddie royal. sean singlehandedly lost us the bowl game against georgia. he was worse than delhomme against zona and philly combined, as he took a 17 point lead and gave them 3 turnovers in 4 possesions (i think the other was a fuble by rb), and we were down after that poo head was done. that little bitch sucked hard 2 games a year, but was gold against slow defenses. give him a defense that put a hand up and he got scared and threw ints out the ass (his last 2 seasons started with an INT to ECU on the very first pass attempt). could not see or avoid pressure that came right at his face. but he is missed as he was better than what vt has as backups now.

i would love to have his bro here. cant be worse than juju clayton or marcus davis (now at wr). plus he is a frign giant with a good arm (accuracy and decision making idk).

the OC wont stick to what works thats my problem with the idiot. we run the ball well up the gut, he stops and goes to the edges. he continues to try the edge until it works. i swear he wont stick to what works, and when something doesnt he continues to try it until it works or the games over. kansas game, ore runs rampent in the 3rd quarter not heard from again in the 4th WTF! bama, williams runs well against them, goes to the passing game time and time again in the 2nd half. hell husker game, 3 attempts in the 4th q i believe, 3 in the 3rd as well. yet williams had 80+ in the 1st half, and 107 on the game. fool wont stick to what works and wont get away from plays that arnt.

rant over.

as for wilson imo 2nd best qb in the acc atm. harris has taken the lead, as his wr are catching the ball, and he is hitting them in space, not forcing it (gt game). yeah wilson isnt doing any thing different, but harris has that O clicking, the qb has been da Us missing cog for some time now, and with him there they can do what they will on offense so far. he does have a running game unlike wilson though, but cant take anything away for his amazing start thus far against ranked opponents.

#15 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:32 PM

IMO these 2 FCS games is what State, and our offense in particular, needed to really start to get in a rhythm. I expect Russell to be able to move the ball down the field against Pitt this weekend. Also, the last 2 games we've seen Russell take off and run, which is something he seemed hesitant to do in the SC game.

Another big factor that you have to take into account about Russell's low completion percentage is that he threw the ball away a lot, instead of trying to force the ball down field.

With the little bit that I've seen Glennon play this year, it's obvious that he still has a ways to go before he can be a legitimate starter. However, he's still a hell of a lot better than the backups we had last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com