Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jramsey4

Our new GM?

52 posts in this topic

I will add to the list here..

Jimmy raye director of player personnel with the San Diego Chargers

1.He is young and youth will play a big role in the next GM

2.He is from NC

He took over in 2000 so here is some of his picks

LaDainian Tomlinson

Drew Brees

Quentin Jammer

Igor Olshansky

Shaun Phillips

Michael Turner

Shane Olivea

Shawne Merriman

Vincent Jackson

Darren Sproles

Antonio Cromartie

I will add to the list here..

Jimmy raye director of player personnel with the San Diego Chargers

1.He is young and youth will play a big role in the next GM

2.He is from NC

He took over in 2000 so here is some of his picks

LaDainian Tomlinson (1st Round)

Drew Brees (1st round)

Quentin Jammer (1st)

Igor Olshansky (2nd)

Shaun Phillips (4th)

Michael Turner (5th)

Shane Olivea (7th)

Shawne Merriman (1st Round)

Vincent Jackson (2nd)

Darren Sproles (4th)

Antonio Cromartie (1st Round)

Nice. I added when they were drafted. I hadn't even thought about the Chargers. Most people forget how bad they were before Marty took over. The only concern I have here is almost every guy listed here was drafted when Marty was coaching so how much was it him and how much Marty. Because Marty has always been good at bringing in good talent even before he was at the Chargers.

I like Reggie McKenzie as GM.

I'm also very much in favor of dropping Koncz as Pro Personnel. I really would prefer Gregory stay.

Cowher wants total control (coach and GM). That model doesn't fly with the Richardsons.

(and frankly, it pretty much never works)

I am dead set against any and all retread coaches. The majority of them are out of work for a reason. Others like Cowher have pitfalls attached.

I really would rather have a good young D mind like Butler but I would not be too pissed with Cowher. But I do agree there are better candidates.

I like Reggie McKenzie as GM.

I'm also very much in favor of dropping Koncz as Pro Personnel. I really would prefer Gregory stay.

I really like Gregory as well wouldn't be surprised if we just gave him the promotion to GM.

Butler won't be leaving unless it's for head coach. There's really not much reason to discuss that move.

No thoughts on McKenzie?

Butler won't be leaving unless it's for head coach. There's really not much reason to discuss that move.

No thoughts on McKenzie?

I have been saying for some time I would love Butler as a HC. Mckenzie I know very little about personally. But here is a link to a page that reviewed his career (from when the Chiefs were still looking for a GM).

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2008/12/29/704100/getting-to-know-a-gm-reggi

I'm planning to do more research later.

I'm planning to do more research later.

I have looked at quite a few different guys and I just can't find a more successful candidate then Marc Ross. Its like whatever team he touches turns to gold in the draft (I know its only 2, Eagles and Giants). After I did his writeup it seemed like everyone I was researching didn't hold a candle to this guy. That's why I stopped at 3. I know you can probably blow mine out of the water as I look forward to all your write ups.

I have been saying for some time I would love Butler as a HC. Mckenzie I know very little about personally. But here is a link to a page that reviewed his career (from when the Chiefs were still looking for a GM).

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2008/12/29/704100/getting-to-know-a-gm-reggi

ehh...saying "don't look at a guy because they drafted 5 UT guys in eight years and he's from UT" never made sense given that he's a Pro Personnel guy.

ehh...saying "don't look at a guy because they drafted 5 UT guys in eight years and he's from UT" never made sense given that he's a Pro Personnel guy.

I was thinking the same thing but the article did say he had his hand in the drafting decisions from time to time.