Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ivan The Awesome

One thing is clear, the brass is giving Shula the benefit of the doubt.

69 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

As has been reported many times, the coaching staff has always had full input on the draft.

Gettleman prefers a collaborative approach where everyone has input. He then makes the final decision after listening to what they all have to say.

I agree , i was just emphasizing that he will take in the coaches input into consideration  a lot more especially RiverBoatRon

I believe coaches wanted Hunter Henry but DG went with Big Vern overthinking himself worrying about KK's extension  and the Cap.

3 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

If I were them I'd get Fournette at 8 , Westbrook or Zay Jones at 40, and Legett or Butt with our late 2nd. Use the rest of the draft for defense if you want.  Can't keep drafting high round talent on the defensive side of the field and expect your offense to be  consistently great.

Hell even if they're still determined to use most of the draft on defense? Okay fine. Go get Fournette  , Corey Davis , or OJ Howard with pick 8 and use rest of the draft for defense if  you're so determined. That'll still be a nice upgrade for our offense.

IMO its much more common to be able to find a difference-maker at RB in the 2nd, 3rd, or hell even the 4th round than it is to find a difference-maker at TE.

Again IMO I think Howard has more value at his position than Fournette does his.

Which is why I'm all for taking the TE Howard.

43 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

IMO its much more common to be able to find a difference-maker at RB in the 2nd, 3rd, or hell even the 4th round than it is to find a difference-maker at TE.

Again IMO I think Howard has more value at his position than Fournette does his.

Which is why I'm all for taking the TE Howard.

I think you could have a point. Recent history shows you can find capable if not great backs) in any round of the drafts. Special TE's are a little harder to come by. I think Fournette is going to be really good, possibly great. Which is why I don't think he makes it to the 8th pick. But if he did, that would cause quite a bit of drama for Panther fans on draft night...Fournette or Howard. Right now, I don't think we could go wrong on either pick. Both would/could be a tremendous upgrade for the team.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Snake said:

Last year was less about Shula and more about not addressing problems. People love his as a scape goat but the truth is he needs talent just like the defense. 

The funny thing is we didn't have the defensive personnel to run our scheme and despite McDermott's best efforts we finished at the bottom.  No one complained or crucified him. When Shula's offense struggled and finished middle of the pack after being number 1 in 2015 he get crucified despite not having the personnel to run his scheme and multiple injuries.  This is particularly funny when everyone admits Cam struggles because he  doesn't have enough weapons around him yet somehow this same problem is never a justification for why Shula struggles. And everything that the offense does is despite Shula not because of him.

3 people like this

5 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Shula was the one asking for another TE last off season, knowing that we had to evolve as an offense. 

It's absolutely insane the criticism he gets for last season.  His hands were tied.

If the only reason Shula can't evolve his offense as an OC is we didn't have a second TE, then that's says far more about his abilities than anything. What if we had gotten a second TE and he had gotten hurt? Would we have just thrown away our entire season because the second TE got injured and Shula couldn't evolve? I'm sorry, but Shula couldn't evolve his offense because we didn't pick up a second TE is a piss poor excuse for his failure as an OC. That's his freaking job. 

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The funny thing is we didn't have the defensive personnel to run our scheme and despite McDermott's best efforts we finished at the bottom.  No one complained or crucified him. When Shula's offense struggled and finished middle of the pack after being number 1 in 2015 he get crucified despite not having the personnel to run his scheme and multiple injuries.  This is particularly funny when everyone admits Cam struggles because he  doesn't have enough weapons around him yet somehow this same problem is never a justification for why Shula struggles. And everything that the offense does is despite Shula not because of him.

The reason Shula gets crucified is because of the play calling he does no matter what. He doesn't make half time adjustments which creates bad 2nd half play even in our 15-1 season he was terrible at it and has been his whole career. 

He also doesn't change things game to game just ask the broncos who said our offense didn't do anything different than what they saw all season and they were ready for it. 

Not to mention his propensity to call long developing plays in situations that you know the other team is blitzing and you need to get the ball out quickly also running slow ass big WRs in go routes trying to get them deep. 

Last year he did try slants with our big WR and it worked but he kept regressing back to his old play calls. 

Shula plays also mostly require perfect execution to be successful with every part being perfect. Well in the NFL that's rarely possible and unless your lucky that's not a path to sustained success because you can't plan injuries or mental mistakes. Most good OC can change things if they lose someone or know a players doing poorly in a game. Shula sticks to the plan no matter what. 

This is why we rag on Shula so much and hate him so fervently. It's not ignorance but years of watching him do the same things throughout his entire career.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Ya know what, ultimately I really don't give a damn if you believe the truth, or not.  

I'm not going to go digging to go find something I learned almost a year ago. 

If you want to discredit it so much, then you go digging. 

Today's society as a whole, sucks.  You and your mistrustful ways, is another great example. 

Ok lol

Posted (edited)

lol Shulas hands were tied. He's already working with t-rex arms and the OL injuries last year put a Chinese finger trap on those. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze

3 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Ya know what, ultimately I really don't give a damn if you believe the truth, or not.  

I'm not going to go digging to go find something I learned almost a year ago. 

If you want to discredit it so much, then you go digging. 

Today's society as a whole, sucks.  You and your mistrustful ways, is another great example. 

For the brain dead in here, once more, Shula uses his #2 TE to block and sees way less snaps than our #1 TE (how I know we aren't going to draft OJ Howard).

Shula remains the biggest hindrance to our offense, and our OL went through hell last year with injuries. Him asking for help is NOT a good thing. It just confirms that he can't handle his duties because he lacks creativity and the ability to adjust. 

No matter how bad some of you guys want to protect Shula, Cam has alluded to blaming him and expressing his displeasure towards how slow our offense moves. If any of you have actually followed Shula's career, you'd know that's all him.

The Alabama, Tampa and Carolina offense all look the same. 

2 people like this

22 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If the only reason Shula can't evolve his offense as an OC is we didn't have a second TE, then that's says far more about his abilities than anything. What if we had gotten a second TE and he had gotten hurt? Would we have just thrown away our entire season because the second TE got injured and Shula couldn't evolve? I'm sorry, but Shula couldn't evolve his offense because we didn't pick up a second TE is a piss poor excuse for his failure as an OC. That's his freaking job. 

You took what i said, and ran way to far.  It's alright, I'll respond like this, the point i was making, is Shula was doing his job, and attempting to stay ahead of the rest of league. 

Poot execution by players, and then a devestated oline, made whatever we attempted, a moot point. 

Thanks for playing, and bringing your misplaced anger.