Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
d-dave

Aside from politics, what arguments drive you nuts?

54 posts in this topic

So we all love to get worked up over politics around here.  Fun and games!  But there are way more irritating things to argue about than politics.  What's one that pisses you off?  Maybe we can argue it too!

For me, it's flat earthers and general science deniers.  Those kinds of idiotic rumors start with celebs (Hey Jenny McCarthy - fug you and your sick anti-vaxxed kids!) who have ZERO background or a flimsy idea that is quickly squashed, but hold on to it and tie it to something heart breaking(vaccines and autism), or they simply double down on ignorance.  

I present Shaq.  One of the greatest ball players of his generation, a funny guy, and media personality has joined Kyrie Erving and some douch bag rapper named B.O.B. in spouting their ignorance about how the earth can't be round...

http://gizmodo.com/some-photos-of-earth-for-shaq-who-thinks-the-earth-is-1793422926

The funniest part was yesterday, while waiting for my wife and son to go to the bathroom, I heard two old men arguing about it.  No, there wasn't a smart one, but they were arguing about which flat earth theory was right...

That stuff drives me insane!  Now that I've admitted that, I look forward to the TB's attempts to piss me off by professing their beliefs in a flat earth...

2 people like this

The whole anti-vaxxer thing drives me more bonkers than anything else. 

Close second is when someone says Sir Cameron Newton: Leader of Men, Lover of Puppies...Esquire and acts like he isn't a transcendent talent. (Lol at filter for S-Cam Newton!)

Third is the hypocracy of religion. 

Fourth is when Saha defends pedophiles. 

And rounding out my top 5 is anything CPK says. 

Edited by jayflip
S cam filter is the best filter.
1 person likes this

Mayonnaise on French fries. 

Also It use to bother me when people claimed the moon was hollow and made out of metal.  But then I found out it was true!

Edited by Pejorative Miscreant
2 people like this

11 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Mayonnaise on French fries. 

Also It use to bother me when people claimed the moon was hollow and made out of metal.  But then I found out it was true!

dscn4243-400x300.jpg

Someone get me some fries. 

5 people like this

"my music is the only music anybody should ever listen to. everybody else's music taste SUCKS."

4 people like this

Recently I've changed my priorities... and they remain fluid, depending on current sociological climate:

Climate change

Importance of Rowe v Wade aside from the elementary argument of abortion (choice)

Organized religion

The anti vaccine crowd grinds my gears. 

5 people like this

Body shaming fit or slender people as part of an argument against body shaming fat people. That nobody notices this hypocrisy bugs the poo out of me.

"All about that bass, no treble!"

If you want to promote being overweight because you feel body shamed go for it, but in the same breath doing the exact same thing to non-fat women makes you a POS.

Edited by rodeo
2 people like this

When people argue and degrade others about science when their top scientific qualifications are finishing high school, and following Neil degrasse Tyson and Bill Nye on Facebook. 

4 people like this