Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Teddy Williams back to Panthers on 1 year deal.

3 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

Why do they love this guy so much..he help cost us the SB with the miff on special teams and so many more games

While that was horrible, that led to 3 points. There were far more crucial mistakes.

6 minutes ago, stbugs said:

While that was horrible, that led to 3 points. There were far more crucial mistakes.

You mean 7 points the guy returned the ball for a TD i believe

Would appear bersin shared those increminating photos of gettleman with teddy. 

Why does everybody think that every signing that is made in the offseason means that the player will be on the 53 man roster at the start of the season?

He is probably on a vet min salary with very little guaranteed and can be cut after training camp, like a good amount of players. 

giphy.gif.38647e3ecd8ca5d3755363a2c0bac054.gif

First headscratcher of the offseason for me. 

If I were to make a 'pros & cons' list for Teddy Williams, I can think of only 1 pro - speed.... after that... I've got nothing.

I am hearing reports that Teddy Williams received a penalty on his way to signing the contract. They are going to move the penalty to the first game we play and use it there.

why

CB who can't play CB and ST'er that gets too many penalties to be trusted on ST.

1 hour ago, Darvinsun said:

You mean 7 points the guy returned the ball for a TD i believe

No, he didn't. He got stopped short and the D stopped them from scoring a TD. Also, maybe the blame should more so be on Nortman for a 28 yard punt causing our gunners to think Norwood was calling a fair catch.

Cotchery's drop (don't care about the horrible replay, he never should have dropped it) cost us 7 with the strip sack for a TD coming 2 plays later. Talib's non-offsides, Tolbert's fumble and Newton's INT cost us as much or more.

45 minutes ago, MCC said:

Why does everybody think that every signing that is made in the offseason means that the player will be on the 53 man roster at the start of the season?

He is probably on a vet min salary with very little guaranteed and can be cut after training camp, like a good amount of players. 

We've already got way more than we need to field the 53 and PS of 10 (I think it is 10). Already people signed who won't be come cut downs.

1 hour ago, MCC said:

He is on vet minimum salary but I've seen this staff with players they know and for some reason feel comfortable with. They always get the benefit of the doubt.