Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Charlotte Area Fans not attending the game...

82 posts in this topic

How does that work anyway? Do they just put the ESPN feed on NBC or do they actually have their own camera crews, announcers et. al.

How does that work anyway? Do they just put the ESPN feed on NBC or do they actually have their own camera crews, announcers et. al.

They just put the ESPN feed on, its for the people who dont have cable.

This was never really answered, is ESPN going to be blacked out? Don't want to record 4 hours of bowling or something.

Im not going.

Thanks for the help, asshat! Even the local cable company doesn't know. lol

I want to say it will be on both. It was a requirement that the games be broadcasted over the air so peopl ein the area wouldnt miss them. Bigger question will I be able to watch it on NBC in Winston Salem.

Don't think so, unless you get WCNC from Charlotte.

Thanks for the help, asshat! Even the local cable company doesn't know. lol

As far as the Blackout, here is the best scenario that I can come up with.

I have direct TV. My direct TV receiver thinks that it is sitting in a room in Greensboro. However, it is at my house in Charlotte, still picking up the signal.

The local broadcast in Greensboro will not show the Panthers game, it is only available on ESPN. However, the Charlotte broadcast is showing it on both ESPN and NBC. This leads me to the conclusion that ESPN will not be blacked out in Charlotte.

The only thing that possibly might get blacked out is me, at the tailgate.:sifone:

I'm not going because I don't want to. There's my excuse - I'm over it, so should you.

Thats probably the worst damn excuse I ever heard.

At least lie and say you wanted your hubby to take his friend or something.

biggest panther game in team history- no excuses.

Is it safe to say WCNC will put it through in HD? That will be sweet since I get ESPN through an ancient satellite reciever that doesn't do HD.

That's what I hoped. I didn't want to DVR 4 hours of bowling like what happened one time. Just didn't want to get stuck with the sorry Panthers feed they give for preseason games. My other tuner is set to record some other stuff.

And AK, how someone raises their kids is no fuging business of your's, stop with the judging.

Thats probably the worst damn excuse I ever heard.

At least lie and say you wanted your hubby to take his friend or something.

biggest panther game in team history- no excuses.

I did give my husband the option to take friends if he chose to. He opted not to go either. I've been to a lot of big games...very big games...yes, bigger than this one...it won't kill me to miss it. If I couldn't watch it on TV, I'd go. But I can. Why would I need to lie about it?

So here's the big question I have...if I don't care about going to THIS particular game, why on earth would anyone else care? Are you all just huge busybodies who need to get involved in other people's business that so much that it's just eating you alive? I made my decision, I am at total peace with my decision so if any of you all can handle my decision, then I suggest therapy.