Sign in to follow this  
Jangler

Has 'Star Trek' died?

TBH, the franchise has gone downhill since Gene died (27 years...) Now, even the Kelvin universe is in jeopardy.

With the resurgence (if you can call it that) of Star Wars, can Star Trek find a way back?

They need to move forward. First remake was cool but it is stale now.  Put in it the future star trek timeline. New gadgets new enemies.  

I enjoyed Star Trek Beyond more than some of the newer ones..it was a fun, popcorn film.

A lot is riding on the new star trek showing coming out..

• Pie 1

No but its on life support.

The Kelvin timeline needs to be dropped and they need a new forward looking series like @Squirrel said.

I would like to see a new tv series. 

We've seen the Alpha Quadrant and the Delta Quadrant...how about a new crew, new area of exploration, new species, new spacecraft? I made it through Voyager and DS9, I'm sure I could make it through something new.

I loved DS9, once they found a storyline it was a great ST show.

• Pie 2

i think next generation was the best for watchability, if its on i will watch it still. But I really liked Enterprise showing all the struggles at the begining of it all

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

• Pie 1

On 8/4/2017 at 5:56 PM, scpanther22 said:

I enjoyed Star Trek Beyond more than some of the newer ones..it was a fun, popcorn film.

A lot is riding on the new star trek showing coming out..

I really enjoyed the film as well.  It was just fun! To me it got back to the fun of the first film.

I'm really looking forward to Discovery.  While there is a lot riding on the show, they should have the money and talent to make a good TV show.

While I am super guilty of viewing things through rose colored glasses when looking at old shows and movies, I still love TNG.  Just my favorite of the shows, though since my family watched together ritually, that may have something to do with it.

Enterprise was really good...love Captain Archer. 

• Pie 1

Watched the originals so I like the 3 new ones but never watched those in between.  Will say, when I saw another xmen is scheduled I could not understand it.  Logan was good but damn let that go.

Going with the Kelvin Universe is the way to go with whatever this will be...even tho the Kelvin universe didn't exist until it did..........................................

Edited by Jangler