Shocker

World Cup Qualifiers

6 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

US out of the World Cup. :(

It was coming...  US had a whole bunch of people playing there who shouldn’t be there.  When you start almost 35 year old striker as your main striker, it’s a major problem.  90% of those players are awful... Arenas should get the boot as well.  US soccer team just cost US billions in spendings and TV deals.

Almost entire US soccer team is in their 30s and you say “I don’t see the energy...”. You got to be fuging kidding me...

Edited by ARSEN

Just now, Still Brooklyn said:

Sets soccer back too in this country.

Many will get fired...  Who ever picked that liability squad and failed to make changes after huge struggles...  The awful field of Trinidad is designed for counterattacks because passing is terrible on that grass... but no, let’s play 35 year old as a main striker.  Who’s he going to run away from?  When you play slow ass forward, you fail to spread the field and generate spaces for attack, you let other players to correct mistakes by getting back.

13 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Just weren't good enough, changes are needed big time.  Hard to believe.  You could almost see this coming way back.

It was obvious... Arenas is a shitty coach and shouldn’t be coaching anything.  He played weak squad design on passing on a field that is not design on passing.  Mind blowing.  He deserved to lose his job.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

It was obvious... Arenas is a shitty coach and shouldn’t be coaching anything.  He played weak squad design on passing on a field that is not design on passing.  Mind blowing.  He deserved to lose his job.

Arena used to be a decent coach but that move was akin to the Hurney move.  Too conversative and Arena is way past his best days.  But the real issue is that the team just wasnt good enough.  No urgency until the very end and that will cost you every time.  Shame but nobody gets a free pass.  Gotta earn it.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Still Brooklyn said:

I mean, obviously we'll watch the WC ... but not being able to pull for your own country makes the whole thing feel pointless.

I’m pulling for France.

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

I’m pulling for France.

I totally will watch the World Cup and agree with France.  Amazing squad. The US wasnt going to do anything even if they did made it.  

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

Michael Bradley is the worst ball-playing midfielder I have seen in my life. 30 yard dribblers to unmoving (with their backs to the goal), well-guarded players when he’s the last MF back? Horrible.

USF kind of needed this wakeup call tbh — too much deadweight in the squad (McKennie starts at Schalke and can’t make the bench while Bradley starts?) and idiots like Gulati running the show. They all need to  

I feel for Pulisic, but that’s about it. We’d get murdered in the group stages, and we’re not even amongst the best 5 teams (and arguably the best 10) that missed out.

Edited by Borat

The only way that the MLS will really reach the requisite level is if they do away with the salary cap and institute relegation. Currently though, the league is run like a Ponzi scheme (leeching off new owners’ fees) and no extant clubs wants to risk going down when they can pay garbage wages and stay top flight. The USF b€n£fit$ from their MLS favoritism (NASL even sued them), so they don’t do anything to break the hierarchy, instead doing their best to protect it. So we have a bunch of guys squandering their potential as “DPs” in a broken MLS instead of honing their craft abroad, and everyone else making crap wages. 

The freakshow marriage of the two organizations needs to be ended post haste.

Edited by Borat
  • Pie 1